Thailand What to wear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wear the same as you would in a western country :
in diving/beach areas : shorts, T-shirts and flip-flops...
casual, light trousers are better if you want to go out at night in restaurants, bars, night clubs for example.
You have to wear trousers, long sleeves and shoes if you want to visit religious buildings such as the Royal Palace in BKK.

nikyyo:
I was in Bangkok and Phuket a year ago and wore nothing but t shirts, shorts, and sandels (except when I was in a wetsuit!). I didn't take any mosquito repellent, nor did I need any. I wish I was going because it was the best vacation I ever took: great diving, food, beaches, and all very inexpensive.

By the way, Quero, I don't know if you remember me but I was on a liveaboard with you Feb '05. Mermaid 2 (Hin Daing Hin Muang, then the Similans). Actually, I think you may have left before we went up to the Similans to catch a boat going to Burma. God how I loved that trip. Anyway, I hope you're well and it was great diving with you.

Nikyyo, since there weren't many people from NYC on that trip, sure I remember. It was indeed a good trip! And Burma was great too. When are you coming back? We can plan to do some dives together!

Quero:
Nikyyo, since there weren't many people from NYC on that trip, sure I remember. It was indeed a good trip! And Burma was great too. When are you coming back? We can plan to do some dives together!

Well I'm heading to Fiji in June, but next January or February....hey it's a real possibility. was considering Grand Komodo Liveaboards (Raja Ampat). But Phuket is aways a viable option, I would go back in a heartbeat. I'll keep you updated!

SteveDiver:
I will be going to Thailand next month wondering if anyone can offer any advice on what clothes to bring? It is going to be hot and from my understanding the culture does not tolerate the "lack of" clothes very well ie: shorts, sandles, tank tops...
I was thinking that I might purchase clothes for my trip when I arrive.
Billabong, Diesel are the norm for tourists. You can get your's for about $5 or so a piece there so why bother packing much.

Buy clothes in Thailand... hordes of us flock to the Big Banana every year to stock up for the new season. I forgot my beachwear when I arrived in Phuket and ended up with my wardrobe for the beach/boat with less than US$20... :)

Thanks for the advise. I guess I will travel with an empty suitcase. I plan on buying some suits while I am there also. I will be spending time in Seoul South Korea, Bankok, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, and of course diving in Phuket.

SteveDiver:
Thanks for the advise. I guess I will travel with an empty suitcase. I plan on buying some suits while I am there also. I will be spending time in Seoul South Korea, Bankok, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, and of course diving in Phuket.
I bought a really nice fake Armani for 5000 Bht. Empty suitcase is a good idea.

HAHAHAH. I like it.

You laugh but I would rather be naked.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom