Thank You to Florida Fish and Wildlife Officer in the Upper Keys today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure FWC has a hotline where you could give the officer kudos or link to this thread. Since the big budget cuts in FL public kudos goes a long way to help state employees!!

Miranda

Cool Beans! I hope the big gal recovers fast!

Further info has come in. The turtle(male) is a green turtle weighing 283 pounds. He is recovering from a lung infection and will be fine(Marathon Turtle Hospital). A word of thanks to Ocean Divers who assisted the FWC in rescuing and transporting the turtle. Here is a pix of him on the deck

turtle59.jpg

Yeah!!! :wave-smil

Thank you so much for the update and good news. Thanks to all involved in the rescue.

Many thanks to you both for taking the time to help our wildlife!!

Additionally, this was the best positive outcome and motivation for your wife's come back dive :D

Awesome story

The aquarium at a local zoo has a rescued sea turtle that got his buoyancy bladder punctured and wound up with a cemented on neoprene pouch that holds a dive weight. He hangs out in the big tank with the reef sharks, sand tigers, sting rays, etc.

As cool as that story is, if this guy is going back to the ocean I like this story even better.

Excellent story with a happy ending. I wish more boaters were as concientious as you. No good deed goes unnoticed by the eyes of god!

What an awesome story!! You should be commended, you probably saved his life. :clapping:

On a side note, a large male named Liza?? I'm sure there are hundreds of jokes in there somewhere!!! :wink:

Thnx all for the good words

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom