Thank you to the people at windy point...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
That decided to take my white nylon hang rope off the 3rd stairs Monday that obviously has not been there long due to the nature of the bright white new looking rope.

Left me in the water with side mounted 108's two deco bottles

You are a real dirt bag

Probably was a recreational diver or swimmer with no idea what they were picking up and it didn't look like dive gear to them. That's why I hide stuff like that under platforms and stairways.

That has happened to most of us multiple tank donners---I for one ----and I was not in as bad a situation as you....had 2 steel tanks on my back, and 1 Al80 and 1 Al50 slung...... that I managed to leave and walk back to get in a few minutes of doffing the other gear. 'Ditto' on the dirt bag comment.....or they were just divers taking the AWARE program (which is a good one!) , a step to far.

Probably was a recreational diver or swimmer with no idea what they were picking up and it didn't look like dive gear to them. That's why I hide stuff like that under platforms and stairways.

It's probably been 8 years or so since I've done a dive out that way so I have no idea what the mindset is of those that frequent it. But I was wondering if a plastic ID tag or small slate attached to it would be a good idea. Something along the lines of "Gear line: Diver in water. Please do not remove"

It's probably been 8 years or so since I've done a dive out that way so I have no idea what the mindset is of those that frequent it. But I was wondering if a plastic ID tag or small slate attached to it would be a good idea. Something along the lines of "Gear line: Diver in water. Please do not remove"

Not a bad idea

That decided to take my white nylon hang rope off the 3rd stairs Monday that obviously has not been there long due to the nature of the bright white new looking rope.

Left me in the water with side mounted 108's two deco bottles

You are a real dirt bag

So a hang rope would be? Sounds like a line to stash gear until you can hump it back up and out?

So a hang rope would be? Sounds like a line to stash gear until you can hump it back up and out?

Yes, bad to try to be a he-man and try to haul up all cylinders after deco and on top of that walking to and from the water with sidemount sucks, hang them in the water and don/doff in water.

This does sound like a pretty good idea. Most divers probably look at the rope and have no idea what it's for and just see it as trash in the water. A few months ago before I started diving sm, I wouldn't have known either.

This does sound like a pretty good idea. Most divers probably look at the rope and have no idea what it's for and just see it as trash in the water. A few months ago before I started diving sm, I wouldn't have known either.

Heck, you could even add a padlock for security.

Back
Top Bottom