The Airport in Cozumel - arrival insanity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Running the gauntlet is easy - just throw on your ear phone, head phones, or whatever and they think you cant hear them. I do it in town and have yet to carry the iPod. Works most of the time.
The mean and determined look is more fun. Maybe it's just natural for me.

.... but on the last trip - the van filled up with luggage before it packed people like sardines so we left early and not cramped. Loved it.

...said the guy who brings 5 suitcases and 250lbs of luggage AND a dive buddy with another 5 suitcases and another 250lbs of luggage... :shocked2:

I guess that's the ONE upside, the van mafia might actually lose money on the runs when Don, his buddy and their quarter ton of luggage are on board. :D

...said the guy who brings 5 suitcases and 250lbs of luggage AND a dive buddy with another 5 suitcases and another 250lbs of luggage... :shocked2:

I guess that's the ONE upside, the van mafia might actually lose money on the runs when Don, his buddy and their quarter ton of luggage are on board. :D
You don't have to exaggerate. We're bad enough. Combined for the two of us....
4 checked bags totaling 250#

2 roll-ons totaling 70#

2 backpacks (actually I think they're haversacks) with computers, cameras, personal items totaling 50#​
Not everyone can do that for free, but almost anyone who wants to upgrade 24 hours in advance can for $100 if FC isn't full yet...
First class seats & amenities;

2 = 70# bags each;

Priority check-in line (love those glares), security line and boarding;

Presidents club on layover in Houston!​
Or, if not - pay $25 for the second bag and pack it with scuba gear only up to 70# for free. But consider FC. My bud has only enjoyed it 3 times now, with me, but he's getting hooked. :eyebrow:

You don't have to exaggerate. We're bad enough. Combined for the two of us....
4 checked bags totaling 250#

2 roll-ons totaling 70#

2 backpacks (actually I think they're haversacks) with computers, cameras, personal items totaling 50#​
Not everyone can do that for free, but almost anyone who wants to upgrade 24 hours in advance can for $100 if FC isn't full yet...

2 = 70# bags each;

Or, if not - pay $25 for the second bag and pack it with scuba gear only up to 70# for free. But consider FC. My bud has only enjoyed it 3 times now, with me, but he's getting hooked. :eyebrow:

What's FC, QG and PTI??

but almost anyone who wants to upgrade 24 hours in advance can for $100 if FC isn't full yet...

2 = 70# bags each;

:eyebrow:
Hey Mr. DandyDon:
Can anyone upgrade to FC or do you need to be a frequent flyer of Continental?
I would love to upgrade on the return trip. Would that upgrade apply to both legs of the trip, COZ-HOUS-LAX? 24 hours notice is needed, so I could check from the BA (if they have computer I could use), the day before and give it a try.:coffee:

What's FC, QG and PTI??
:confused: Huh? FC is First Class in my indicated post. Don't know the other two.
Hey Mr. DandyDon:
Can anyone upgrade to FC or do you need to be a frequent flyer of Continental?
I would love to upgrade on the return trip. Would that upgrade apply to both legs of the trip, COZ-HOUS-LAX? 24 hours notice is needed, so I could check from the BA (if they have computer I could use), the day before and give it a try.:coffee:
I'm not sure, but I think so - yet there are other reasons for being a member of an airline's program. In some rare cases when changes must be made, FF members are often treated better than nons.

The $100 UG is available on the email sent to you to check-in online 24 hours before your original flight so make sure your email address is on your record, then check-in the day before and UG. I think it would apply to both legs of the one-way part of your trip. If you can & do, print out the UG confirmation to support your right to use the Blue Carpet line at check-in (and be prepared for glares from everyone in the long line :lol2: ). Once checked-in, you will get your FC Boarding Passes to use for Blue Carpet boarding, then in Houston (IAH) just show your ticket & passport at any of the President's club rooms: nice lounges, free drinks & snacks. :wink:

MJZ1634.gif

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Travel by plane was such a different deal in the 60s and 70s. We dressed nicely, usually coat and tie, seats were roomy even in coach, agents were polite, "stewardesses" were pretty, loved ones could walk outside to the plane with you, and if you wanted to check several bags - no problem. When you arrived, greeters would meet your plane as you walked inside the building and you didn't have to worry about scammers or problems much.

Times have changed so much, so many challenges - and I do take on the missions as if they were obstacles. Once the FC UG clears tho, it's fun again - until you get there at least. You hope it's fun to be there, so make the best of the little challenges.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom