The all inclusive Oriskany Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone wrote of "typical recreational dive times" -- what would a charter think as a "typical recreational dive time" as compared to a "tech dive" time?

Typical recreational dive times on the Oriskany = no decompresion dives lasting around 30 minutes (due to depth).

Tech dives= mandatory decompression dives lasting around an hour and a half or more.

I want to say I had some dives nearing an hour within NDL times without the operator having any issues at all.

My sister and I are planning to Dive the Oriskany early October 2009. I need recommendation on a current thread to read. I did a search and several came up.

Thanks in advance,
Mary

Hello!
My boyfriend and I are trying to do an Oriskany dive this weekend with Dive Pros and we need 2 more people for the boat to go. Any one interested? It would be on Saturday the 5th.

Hi Southwest airlines will be flying into panama city starting in May and my husband and i want to do some diving. How far of a drive to get to the boats to dive the Oriskany? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch

Hi Southwest airlines will be flying into panama city starting in May and my husband and i want to do some diving. How far of a drive to get to the boats to dive the Oriskany? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch

PC is about a two hour drive to Pensacola, which is the best departure point for "O" trips. There is plenty of lodging, from budget but nice to beachfront swank. There are several dive operators with a variety of accommodations, depending on your preferences. Local dive shops are very accommodating and we can put together a nice charter trip for you, or make sure you get set up with an operator that suits your needs. Give us a call, or drop us an email.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

I might have a business trip to the Fort Walton Beach area in April. I am thinking about about taking my dive gear with me and heading down a day or two early. My questions are:

1. If my business is in Ft Walton Beach, where do you recommend I try and get a boat trip out to the Oriskany?

2. Any hotel recommendations for that area (something with a fitness room preferred).

3. What is the typical water temperature in April?

4. I really don't want to be below 80 feet (the Island), are their still a lot of photo opportunities if I limit myself to the Island?

5. Any recommendations for a dive master? Since I am going by myself and still consider myself somewhat of a beginner (51 dives), i am willing to pay to make sure i have a highly qualified buddy with me.

Thanks,
Lynn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom