The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dyno Bill once bubbled...
Angie, after getting some ink done it commonly will scab, the scab will fall off and it will re-scab. You dont want it wet until the second scab falls free on its own. Use Noxema, yes thats right as it seems to be the best thing to promote a quicker healing of abraided skin. I use it for sunburn and anything that causes damaged skin. I was a tattoo artist a number of yrs ago and have more that a little experiance with it.
Bill

I don't question your experience. My shop hands out little bottles of Lubriderm and I use it twice a day or more to keep the tat from scabbing. No probs.

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
Not ointment.
Yuppers.
For the larger ones, keep it covered with saran wrap for 24 hours, changing the wrap and washing with Phisoderm every 3 hours, pat dry.... keep that first scab from forming.

After 24 hours, keep a light coat of Neosporin until the first peel (even if it doesn't scab it will still peel like a sunburn).

After that, Curel is a great moisturizer... keep that on it until well after the second peel (while it's still in "elephant skin" mode), and any time afterward if the skin starts feeling dry.

This works well for the larger pieces. Keepit it covered to prevent that first scab from forming results in the colors being not QUITE so intense, but it allows the excess ink to bleed out so after 5 years you don't get the running/smudging common to "old" work.

The lobster on the back of my leg posted above is over 6 years old and every week people ask me if it's new.

Custer once bubbled...

Pretty cool, Teej.

What's the characters say?

Passion, pride, brilliance.

And yes, I looked them up in a dictionary to make sure! :D Didn't want to be an ad for a resturaunt!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom