The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the picture of the tattoo on my work computer. I'll email it to you tomorrow

I've been in a couple tattoo shops, but never saw anything that I felt strongly about. Maybe I'm not the tattoo type.

It's cool how much better the tats look now. The colors & details are amazing. My dad had one on his forearm that ended up being a big blue blob. He'd try & describe it "Here's the heart, here's the knife going into the heart..."etc. It was not good. My dad got his when he was a young man, in the Army. He went on to be a college graduate & top executive. His tattoo didn't seem to negatively affect him, or his career, and that was in the 1950's through the 1980's. He was a big, kick a$$ dude, in his day, too.

OK guys, I HATE to toot my own horn here - but, Boogie711 LIKES it when I do that!

Mine still look sharp after 25 years. The sun fades reds an yellows out. I always tried to put mine in places that can be covered or hid if required by a career choice. I can wear a suit, scrubs or anything and mine are hid - if required.

hey scubajim,
nice tattoo...
i tried to sketch it out with the tat artist...
but the flag was rectangular instead...
however, my girlfriend doesn't want any tattoo on me so i might have a hard time trying to put something on me...
maybe i'll make sure that she doesn't know untill she sees it... haha...

Honestly, i'm not too fond of tattoos. However, i'm not hostile towards anyone who has them. I'm just indifferent about them.

The only reason why i wouldn't get a tattoo on my body is because i don't want to convey myself as a sketchpad.

tingkka once bubbled...
Honestly, i'm not too fond of tattoos. However, i'm not hostile towards anyone who has them. I'm just indifferent about them.

The only reason why i wouldn't get a tattoo on my body is because i don't want to convey myself as a sketchpad.

sketchpad? perhaps if the tat is poorly done...
on the other hand, if it's good and it looks good on you, then you are the canvass, and thus part of a good art...

Tattooing is an art. I've seen some great looking ones in my time and I have seen very bad ones. it's up to the person that gets one to determine if it's right for them. I was going to get one in my teens but never did. Then my sister got one and I thought it looked great. I helped me make the decision to get mine. it's also a way to help ID your body if you were grossly disfigured.

Does anyone know of sites with dive tattos, or marine animal tattos. Have got a Seventenths dive wear catalogue and there is a picture with a guy in it with a hammerhead shark tattoo on his back. Is super cool and i would like something along those lines for my first tattoo. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom