The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is my first - 2 hours after I got it done. It's my own design and the only one I have. Got it a couple days ago

P1010001-41.jpg

I have been considering getting one, but have never even walked into a shop. Anybody know any good ones in the Chicago area? I'm thinking a dive flag with a tribal feel to it.

so, i finally did it, my years of thinking it over have finally ended.. here is my tatto from the next morning after all is said and done. It has been about a week now.

~Jess

Attachments

• HPIM1212.jpg
    HPIM1212.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 3,646
Very nice! You got in much closer than I ever want a picture of my body :D

You have a lot more color in yours... I am on day 4 now... I haven't had any peeling, and it has pretty much laid down on my skin. Is that normal?

i started peeling on day 5, but I have also had some complications since I got. Mine stuck to the sheets one night and ripped the color right out of it.. very much painful!! and now i have scabbing and blisters from it, PLUS it has to be colored again! thank god my tattoo artist is a close friend of mine and checks in on it every other day now. i wish i could help more, but i am having issues of my own. i also got a little flower about two inches lower than the smurf the same night and it has done wonderfully! it peeled on like day 4 and now it looks gorgeous! so it will just be a matter of time now for my smurf to look as great as it does in that picture!

Two words. Tatoo Goo. If you can't find it, use bacytracin, NOT neosporin. The key is to keep applying it every hour or so. If you keep it wet with the goo or bacytracin, you won't scab and peel color.

Two words. Tatoo Goo. If you can't find it, use bacytracin, NOT neosporin. The key is to keep applying it every hour or so. If you keep it wet with the goo or bacytracin, you won't scab and peel color.

Yea, i was told to put A&D on it, but that stuff was nasty so I got some tattoo goo, but it was a couple days too late, this was after the color loss.. the tattoo goo has cleared it up in just a couple of days.. i am getting it fixed in about a week or so (my guy said as soon as my scabs go away and just a few days after that) so i am already prepared to do this again, and make everything look as good as new!

JSharp13,

I recommend Joe at Boldline Tattoo Studio in Crystal Lake. I have a half sleeve that he did for me this year and when he finished that, I had him rework my first tattoo that I got 15 years ago. Joe is flat out the best I've seen. While I am not neutral at this point, when I was looking for an artist I didn't have any ties to anyone here and after extensive searching I picked Joe.

As an added bonus, he's told me that he's considering taking SCUBA lessons. You'd have something to talk about.

Edit (Addt'l Info):

Joe also does pretty much all custom work. If you bring him something as a reference, he will draw it up custom for you.

Glad you found goo. I keep that stuff everywhere- in my purse, my drybag, my car. It works on all booboo's. Your tat is adorable. By the way! I was in a resturant for lunch today and this guy sitting at nearby table says,"Excuse me, but are you on Scubaboard? I mean, I just think that
i know your tatoo. It's your avatar right? WOW. That was crazy! He is on too and has a dive boat in town. YAY!!!! Love the scubaboard

I was in a resturant for lunch today and this guy sitting at nearby table says,"Excuse me, but are you on Scubaboard? I mean, I just think that
i know your tatoo. It's your avatar right?
You know, we have stickers too... :)

Back
Top Bottom