The Best Dive Light for Diving Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who said anything about pointing at creatures, let alone shining it in their eyes.
Doesn't matter if you shine it in their eyes on purpose or by accident. Same bad effect either way.

It is interesting when you shoot a fish with the laser. I try not to blow out their retinas, but it is interesting when you hit them. Some fish seem to not care at all, and I have seen some larger fish (cubera snapper in particular) bolt like they have been shot with a speargun, when the laser hits their lateral line. Makes me wonder if they have some sort of light sensing function?

@OrcaTorch- When i press the green laser button, the laser comes on for a few seconds then turns off. Is this normal?

If you aren't pointing it at creatures, you are unlikely to hit their eyes.
What do you imagine pointing it at that there will not be creatures swimming around, possibly into the beam?

What do you imagine pointing it at that there will not be creatures swimming around, possibly into the beam?
I don't remember seeing any creatures on the great lakes wrecks I dove this summer (unless you are worried about the zebra mussels). The local quarry has a few creatures, but the main attractions are not alive. I imagine caves wouldn't have much either. etc.

This isn't something I would have used on my night dive in Cozumel last month (lots and lots of wonderful creatures).

I don't remember seeing any creatures on the great lakes wrecks I dove this summer (unless you are worried about the zebra mussels). The local quarry has a few creatures, but the main attractions are not alive. I imagine caves wouldn't have much either. etc.

This isn't something I would have used on my night dive in Cozumel last month (lots and lots of wonderful creatures).
Sure, you can choose selected sites that are creatureless.
That doesn't change the main point: bright green lasers are dangerous to sea critters' eyes.

Sure, you can choose selected sites that are creatureless.
That doesn't change the main point: bright green lasers are dangerous to sea critters' eyes.
The "main point" of the thread had nothing to do with point bright green lasers at sea critters. So why was it relevant to bring it up? Look at the all the posts until just before you jumped in. The pictures in the original post show no critters being pointed. Thread had nothing about critters being pointed.

It wasn't till rongoodman jumped in with his accusation that critters were even mentioned.

The main point of this thread is that there is a dive light with a bright green laser in it. It can be used in the ocean. The ocean has critters in it.
Why are you so defensive about this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom