The BEST wreck Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) Bikini
2) Truk
3) Salem Express (Red Sea)
4) Palau ... yes it has wrecks too
5) Bianca C (Grenada)
6) St. Lawrence
7) NC
8) VA Beach
9) NJ

I can't speak to Scapa since I haven't been there.

Lake Michigan has great wrecks...more than 10000 discovered, and these are only 10% that have been found...

One of best wide ranging regions in the World for Wreck Diving is in the Shipping Lanes of the South China Sea, up from Singapore on either side of the Malaysian Peninsula. Two of the most historically significant wrecks of WWII lie there off of Kuatan, the HMS Prince of Wales and the HMS Repulse --the sinking of which by aerial delivered torpedo ended the era of the Battleship as the capital ship of war, and symbolically signaled the end of the British Empire in South East Asia:
http://www.recntec.com/diveshop/wreck_diving/shipwrecks_malaysia/

Empress of ierland In the St lawrence river in 125 feet of water but one of the hardest dives in the world due to cold water and ripping currents but also worth every oz of danger and money best wreck in the world

I'm a big fan of the wrecks out here in BC, Canada. The Artificial Reef Society of BC has put down some huge ships over the past few years, most of which are teeming with life. The cold water can be a bit of a challenge, as can the current on some, but it's well worth the trip!

www.artificialreef.bc.ca

I haven't had the chance yet to dive the major salt water wrecks, but it is hard to imagine something more awe-inspiring that the perfectly preserved wooden wrecks in the Great Lakes. Tobermory is great, there are lots of wrecks in the Straits of Mackinac, and Lake Superior wrecks are incredibly pristine (no zebra mussels in Superior yet).

MarkUK:
Scapa Flow – German High Seas Fleet remnants + James Barrie steam trawler + Tarbarka blockship

Truk Lagoon – Remnants of Japanese supply fleet

Egypt – Thistlegorm, Ghiannis D, Rosalie Moller, Carnatic, Kimon M, Salem Express

Sudan – Umbria and Blue Belt

Grenada – Bianca C, Shakem, King Mitch and San Juan

Barbados – Stavronikita

Mark

the Sudan???

I always fancy Pompano Beach and Fort Lauderdale, Florida. They have some of the most abundant and fully intact artificial reefs (ie. intentially sunk ships) in the united states.

Most are within recreational or beginner technical diving limits (ie. less than 180FSW).

my favorite is the Hydro Atlantic.

Though i gotta admit i havent made it to the Spiegel Grove yet in the keys. So i may actually like that more than the Hydro Atlantic, that is if they allow full wreck penetration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom