The Canyon at Thomas Reef - Tiran Straits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,

Who knows where I can get/find pics or maybe even better, a video clip of in and around The Canyon at Thomas Reef in The Tiran Straits, Egypt?

Thanks!

I have no idea. It's rather deep so when I was there didn't bother to take camera - it's housing is only for 30 meters.
In your case unfortunatelly (in my case - thenks God) - not many people dive there - mainly because dive ops don't let you dive there - unless you have a permission to dive deeper than 40 meters.
the place is great and believe me - much nicer that the Canyon in Dahab. Everybody goes to Canyon in Dahab and this is why Thomas one is empty and not destroyed.
Mania

Dear Mania,

I just came back from this FABULOUS dive. And you are right, it is MUCH nicer than the one in Dahab. Even though the one in Dahab is more like a tunnel and the one in Thomas Reef is a crack or a canyon the canyon in Thomas Reef wins and has been nominated as my overall favorite and best dive.

We also didn't take any photo/video equipment with us as no one had equipment that can handle depths of 30m+.

But, now back home, I would love to go there again even if it is only sitting in my chair watching some pics or even better a video clip.

If you know of a link or somewhere on the net I can see/get those pics/video I'll be forever grateful...

THANKS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom