"THE CAVE" movie has a website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well i am hoping for some good UW shots, even if they were all filmed in a set rather than real caves. Not sure about the tag line though "there are places man was never meant to go.... below heaven is hell, below hell is... the cave" lets give people more ammo to wonder why cave divers do it :wink:

simbrooks:
Well i am hoping for some good UW shots, even if they were all filmed in a set rather than real caves.

Not all of the u/w scenes were filmed on a set. We spent 5 weeks in the Yucatan filming u/w scenes.

simbrooks:
Not sure about the tag line though "there are places man was never meant to go.... below heaven is hell, below hell is... the cave" lets give people more ammo to wonder why cave divers do it :wink:

Yeah, well - it's Hollywood! Not a documentary or even a docu-drama. Of course...I'm expecting some people to ask why we cave dive when there be monsters down there :wink:

Cool! Look forward to seeing it. So you say it has some good UW cave scenes?

Maya:
Of course...I'm expecting some people to ask why we cave dive when there be monsters down there :wink:

because they need to eat as well! and unfortunately if it didn't have the monster aspect in there, how many people (beside divers) do you think would actually go and see it?

Tamas:
Impressive.....what are those things though, Gargoyles?
I think i heard in the blurb that they were supposed to either have been filming in Romania or it was set somewhere with such creatures as you might find in a Dracula movie.
maya:
Not all of the u/w scenes were filmed on a set. We spent 5 weeks in the Yucatan filming u/w scenes.
Yeah, well - it's Hollywood! Not a documentary or even a docu-drama. Of course...I'm expecting some people to ask why we cave dive when there be monsters down there
Even better then if there are real caves too, was it only for the stunts that they went to the huge aquarium set? Remember there are sea monsters out in the ocean as well :wink:

dlndavid:
Cool! Look forward to seeing it. So you say it has some good UW cave scenes?

I can definitely tell you that some great u/w cave footage was shot...and that the director was thrilled with the footage. Hopefully all or most survived the editing. But I have a feeling that there will be lots of great u/w footage.

Maya:
I can definitely tell you that some great u/w cave footage was shot...and that the director was thrilled with the footage. Hopefully all or most survived the editing. But I have a feeling that there will be lots of great u/w footage.
Maybe i'll buy the outtakes, making of and such special limited edition DVD - assuming the actual film is quite good, of course i could pick up a whole bunch of other Skiles stuff for the same price with more UW footage :wink:

simbrooks:
Even better then if there are real caves too, was it only for the stunts that they went to the huge aquarium set? Remember there are sea monsters out in the ocean as well :wink:

The film was shot on a huge set in Romania for the special effects shots and the talent shots. The set was beautiful and pretty realistic looking, and they shot both topside and u/w stuff on the set.

Then, the u/w unit went to Mexico to film scenes featuring beautiful cave diving shots and some open water stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom