• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

The Cave Politics, Rumor Monger and Gossip Guild is alive and well. Let's end it!

Discussion in 'Cave Diving' started by The Chairman, Jan 12, 2016.

1. cbm32

cbm32 Manta Ray

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I would hope that anything I say or do could stand up to the scrutiny of my employer. If that is the case, I should have no fear of having someone contact my employer and informing them of something I said or did.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  2. Six Feet Under

Six Feet Under Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Personally, I'd be furious if someone contacted my employer over something I posted online. I have a feeling my idea of what is "one hundred percent out of line" and that of others in this thread may differ somewhat severely based on the nature of my employment, but who knows...

That said, I'd find it to be somewhat expected if it was said in an area of the web where it is expected to be linked to what I do (IE working at a dive shop and posting on a dive website, working for a boat manufacturer and posting on a boating website, etc).

As an aside - I've always felt more than welcome at CCDS. Same with Amigo's and Dive Outpost. Where I end up all depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing!

Caveeagle likes this.