The Cobalt Dive Computer from Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's definitely full of nice features, and I like that it uses the RGBM model, but I wish they could slim it down a bit. Maybe the wrist mount won’t have the additional 'bank' of spare batteries. They could even drop the air integration on the wrist mount version to reduce the size.

I get the feeling you guys are basing your comments about slimming the computer down on the photos I posted.

Here's one of Elizabeth holding it normally... unlike the earlier photos where she held out in front out, to show the big screen.

She is showing it to Scott Maurano of Simply Scuba, FL. A great lady and a really good dealer... but they are both barely 5' tall.

The Cobalt fits the hand just right. If the air integrated unit was any smaller it would compromize the awesome screen, but the yet seen wrist mount unit could certainly be smaller. At the top of the unit there will be an optional compact compass.

Chad

Firediver:
I have to agree with you.. needs to be slimmed down a lot.
Seen the Dive Rite Nitek He? Seen the VR3? Just going off the photos the Cobalt doesn't look that much larger than the Nitek He. And while the VR3 isn't as long as either, its one chunky monkey...

I'm sorta curious as to what the wrist unit will look like (sans compass!) :wink:

Looks about 30-50% bigger than an He, hard to say without really knowing how big her hands are. I'll give you that the He, Explorer, Vr3 are big.

I have high hopes for the wrist unit though.

Peter

A giant step backwards... Well, only kinda... :)

The original Orca Edge had a "pixel only" display like this (albeit 1980s resolution), and I never understood after setting that precident why dive computers lapsed back into dedicated segment displays.

Glad to see that we're moving forward again in terms of displays.

Roak

Looks interesting. I am a huge fan of larger displays. Wondering what the wrist unit would look like.

I use trimix but can't stand wrist computers, so the console would be fine with me.

The spearfishing I do would tear up a wrist computer in no time at all. Presently I have an Uwatec hoseless that is mounted on dual retractors attached to my BC, and a back up Uwatec on a short console.

Not all tech divers prefer the same way to wear their gear.

I'll probably get one of each... back ups are great!

Chad

Back
Top Bottom