The Cobra vs The Wisdom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a Cobra. Ive done around fifty dives with it this summer. You certainly wont be unhappy with it. I also own a Uwatec Smartcom that I am waiting for from the recall. The Uwatec also has some great features. The Cobra has a clock and date which the Uwatec does not have. The Cobra interface is better but I like the Uwatec software better. Im torn between which computer I will use when i get the Uwatec back, but the Cobra is a great computer......Fireguy

I forgot to mention when i first gave my Smart Com to my LDS i traded it for a Wisdom. The Wisdom crapped out after the first dive. It locked out for some reason. The dive was only in 30 or 40 feet. I took the Wisdom back and I am waiting for the SmartCom. The SmartCom is far better than the Wisdom....Fireguy

Fireguy274 once bubbled...
I forgot to mention when i first gave my Smart Com to my LDS i traded it for a Wisdom. The Wisdom crapped out after the first dive. It locked out for some reason. The dive was only in 30 or 40 feet.

I new of a client with a narrisicitic personality disorder (in laymans terms he was seriously stuck on himself) In the middle of the court proceedings for his third divorce he had a flash of insight when it occurred to him that HE was only person present during all three of his divorces and that perhaps HE was the problem.

Not to imply anything by this, it's just that the way your story was worded reminded me of this little event. :)

High on myself im not. I have been diving only two years and I am far from an expert. I do have opinions however. When i took the Wisdom back to the dive shop the dive shop owner couldnt get it to work either so perhaps we are both the problem and both high on ourselvs :p. Stay safe.....

I have about 300 dives on my Cobra and it holds a place in my heart, I download all of my dives to the computer. I decided to change to the Wisdom when two of my OW students were able to access information (Depth, Bottom Time etc...) faster than me while logging our dives during the Surface Interval.

Main differences: The wisdom actually counts down in seconds your saftey / decompression stops. it also has a countdown for your time to fly. the readout is much easier to read, and IMHO the buttons (2) are easier to use. I haven't received the computer download kit yet but it is comming. all of the Wisdoms come with the quick disconnect, Great for taking it back to the hotel, to log dives, etc...

You really can't go wrong with either, I still use the cobra on occasion when I am Feeling nostalgic.

Small correction...

Not all the Wisdoms come with the QD. You can buy it in various configurations. No compass, No QD. No QD w/compass. W/compass w/o QD. And last but not least with QD and Compass both.

What ever you choose, though, enjoy!!!

Now that you mention it I have question regarding the sherwood QD.

I currently have a couple of Scubapro QD's and I have noted that if they unscrew even 1/2 a turn during the dive it disconnects and seals the pressure in the gauge side of the hose. This of course means the air pressure reading does not drop and if you are not paying attention to what isn't happening could be misleading and result in an OOA situation.

Does the Sherwood QD operate differntly or is it subject to the same potential problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom