The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Y does everyone let their guages and octos hang? I don't get it. And laying all over the place disturbing the environment. Isn't that taught not to do in training?

What exactly brought this up?
Did I miss something?
Is someones gear hanging in my video?

The video that you posted has octos and guages flying all over the place. Not to mention the people laying on the bottom. I may only have ten dives but that drives me nuts. O well... not bashing or flaming just giving my $0.02. I actually see it in alot of videos on here.

The video that you posted has octos and guages flying all over the place. Not to mention the people laying on the bottom. I may only have ten dives but that drives me nuts. O well... not bashing or flaming just giving my $0.02. I actually see it in alot of videos on here.

I not quite sure this merits a response but....

Octos and gauges flying all over the place????

I shot the video and see no evidence of anyones octo or gauge hanging untethered.

There is one scene of contact with the sandy bottom which has always been OK at most dive sites as long as there is no coral or other living organisms being harmed by such contact.

I shot the video and see no evidence of anyones octo or gauge hanging untethered.

There is one scene of contact with the sandy bottom which has always been OK at most dive sites as long as there is no coral or other living organisms being harmed by such contact.

looks good to me but that is my 2cents only

I did not see this on the video, but in all truth, on most weekends at bhb, there are at least a dozen divers that will typically leave silt trails wherever they go....there are a lot of brand new divers that are learning here, so there is not much chance this will change anytime soon.

:52 the shallower diver and 1:59 the narced out mermaid lol. Its all good.

Hey Trolls -
Haven't been wet since 12/24. I've been in Ecuador for the past two weeks. An amazing trip with cool things like howler monkeys and ocelots but no diving.
I've missed this forum ... and my BHB fix. What are conditions lately? Any good sightings? Video Dude and I plan to be there next Sat 1/15. Can't make it before then.
Glad to be home!
jet

Welcome home, Joanie! I want to talk with you about Ecuador when you have time. Not sure when I'll be at the bridge next, the water temps may be lower than I can handle.

People that touch the bottom with uncovered skin at BHB will eventually find themselves in contact with a bristle worm and then remember to never again do that. I saw one instance of the poster touching the bottom with his knee (I think). I saw the mermaid with an octo and a console hanging, but never saw it hit the bottom. Maybe it did and maybe it didn't. You cannot tell from the video. There is a lot of silt at BHB anyway because of the tide action. There are also a lot of new divers and classes at the bridge. You will see more people hitting the bottom in those kinds of situations. I am not condoning touching the bottom, it just is what it is.

Well we braved the chilly 69 degree water for over 2 hours Saturday.

We were rewarded with seeing 8 manatee (a group of two adults with a little one, a single adult, an adult and a little one and another adult - the little ones were the size of bathtubs) swim with the current right in front of us. Not swimming fast, but faster than we could swim. Looked like there were going somewhere.

The camera was in my hand, but the tide had turned and vis was not great so I just stopped and stared. I didn't even bother to take a picture. I was waiting to see what else was going to show up.

A large southern stingray finallly brought up the rear. No way to keep up; he just cruised right on by close enough that I could almost reach out at touch him.

We came across a Bahamiam pin cushion starfish (the big orange ones) that had lost an arm and was in the process of growing another one back. The funny thing was, it was growing back two arms (although they were little) so it actually had six arms. Not something I have seen before.

Lots of batfish.

Dive time was about two and a half hours.

Not alot of divers or picnic people out, so parking was not an issue and there were tables for everyone. Even showers if you could stand the cold water! The sun was shining on us when we got out, so it was not too bad. Yes, it was cold!

Bill

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom