The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin,

It's only fair that if some of us post embarrasing videos to share with everyone that everyone else should post their embarrasing videos.

David
Fernandina Beach, FL

Well, I meant that mine was embarrassingly boring. :D
YouTube - BHB Dec 29, 2010.avi

Kevin

Looking for a buddy for either Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Never dove the bridge - but hear about it all the time. Down here for a few days and would love to try it once. Let me know if your interested.

Rob K

Thanks!

Looking for a buddy for either Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Never dove the bridge - but hear about it all the time. Down here for a few days and would love to try it once. Let me know if your interested.

Rob K

Thanks!
There will be several dozen divers at least on sunday....show up around 10am and introduce yourself--you should have no trouble joining a buddy team.

There is also a Halcyon and GUE demo going on Sunday, so plan on trying out some cool toys ( scooters-Halcyon DPV's, canister lights, bp/wings, and much more.

I drive a red Raptor truck, and should be easy to find.

Y does everyone let their guages and octos hang? I don't get it. And laying all over the place disturbing the environment. Isn't that taught not to do in training?

You are so right! It bugs me as well. It is taught by most and appears in all the training info, but some seem to forget this... as well as buddy checks that should nip this in the butt. I see this sadly in many different areas I dive. Thankfully, it is usually the minority of divers.

How about we leave this thread for Blue Heron Bridge videos, photos, and info related to the bridge; equipment configurations and criticisms are for other threads.

No worries, but Mark's post was about the BHB and observations seen there so it is relevant to this thread... and should be addressed IMO. just trying to help keep things nice for all. Wish I could make the Halcyon demo :(

Yea not trying to bash or get off topic but people dragging octos and guages just bugs the s*** out of me and I just wanted to point it out. I grew up 10 mins from the bridge and ive seen its transformation over many many years. Id like it to remain nice for everyone and when i come to dive it later this year. Now back to the bhb talk!

On the side where the boats launch there is a concrete wall just butting up against the smaller bridge. It seems to be about 30' of water. Are we allowed to dive along that wall and under the bridge as long as we hug the wall?

Thanks! Sounds like a plan. :cool2:

There will be several dozen divers at least on sunday....show up around 10am and introduce yourself--you should have no trouble joining a buddy team.

There is also a Halcyon and GUE demo going on Sunday, so plan on trying out some cool toys ( scooters-Halcyon DPV's, canister lights, bp/wings, and much more.

I drive a red Raptor truck, and should be easy to find.

Yea not trying to bash or get off topic but people dragging octos and guages just bugs the s*** out of me and I just wanted to point it out. I grew up 10 mins from the bridge and ive seen its transformation over many many years. Id like it to remain nice for everyone and when i come to dive it later this year. Now back to the bhb talk!

On the side where the boats launch there is a concrete wall just butting up against the smaller bridge. It seems to be about 30' of water. Are we allowed to dive along that wall and under the bridge as long as we hug the wall?
Not at this time. Construction on the east span has closed all diving on the east span.

What you remember as 30' over the years became 5-12' along that wall and 22' max depth on the east span at the center

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom