The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is breaking my heart. I so want to dive, but my threshold for cold tolerance is set at 72 degrees, springs temperature, and even then, the maximum wet time I can stand is 20-25 minutes. Darn it!!!!

When do you arrive?

There's a group of four of us from my shop who are planning to road trip down in either late feb or early march. We're getting together sometime in the next week to work out our schedules. BHB is definitely one of the sites on my list, along with the shore diving in Jupiter and West Palm area.

Let us know as your plans firm up...

On this Sunday the 9th, Halcyon and GUE are doing a demo day at BHB...The demo should start around 10am...there will be Halcyon scooters you can try out, backplate and wings to try, canister lights, a fairly long list of things that could be fun for you to try. You need drivers license and c-card, that's it. There will also be a "Tooka" that Brownies is will have on demo--this is kind of like the 3rd lung concept of a hooka, but this has no engine on top, but tanks in a tiny raft instead. The tooka is supposed to be kind of the ultimate " Discover Diving" device, as people who have never dove before can experience this so easily and without concerns.
I will be there helping....I drive the Red Ford Raptor...please come by and enjoy trying some of the dive toys!

Go out to SCUBA Obsession Main Page and click on "Blue Heron Bridge Map". One of my DM students, TomC, did it as his mapping project. He's a surveyor, so he went overboard with it. Excellent map of the bridge.

Al

Thanks! I've printed it out. Hoping to get down to the east side sometime. Wandered into the "swimming" area during my three day trip after xmas and learnt that you can hear someone hollering at you from under water. :D

Whilst wandering about off the beach in the shopping cart area, I *think* I've learned that the green stuff that was growing on the bottom in September is mostly gone when the water temperature is at 68 - no?

Took lots of photos, but still slogging through the "post-processing". I've done a grand total of four dives at BHB now, but I'm not sure that I can agree that you don't see amazing stuff practically every few minutes down there! Maybe I'm just easily entertained. :D

I tried out the video on my latest Digital Rebel while doing the bridge dives and posted some of my first tries on my YouTube page, but while there I looked through a ton of BHB videos (it's absolutely amazing how YouTube is currently exploding) and I'm afraid I'd be embarrassed to have my stuff seen and compared to a lot of the amazing videos that're already there. I'm just going to keep getting more and more addicted to diving there. . .

Thanks to all the folks who have posted their videos there. It's neat that you can "subscribe" to them.

Kevin
Savannah

I tried out the video on my latest Digital Rebel while doing the bridge dives and posted some of my first tries on my YouTube page, but while there I looked through a ton of BHB videos (it's absolutely amazing how YouTube is currently exploding) and I'm afraid I'd be embarrassed to have my stuff seen and compared to a lot of the amazing videos that're already there. I'm just going to keep getting more and more addicted to diving there. . .

Thanks to all the folks who have posted their videos there. It's neat that you can "subscribe" to them.

Kevin
Savannah

Kevin,

It's only fair that if some of us post embarrasing videos to share with everyone that everyone else should post their embarrasing videos.

David
Fernandina Beach, FL

Y does everyone let their guages and octos hang? I don't get it. And laying all over the place disturbing the environment. Isn't that taught not to do in training?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom