The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to add some pics to keep things moving...

These were taken with my ~$160 Pentax W80 digital camera, which is similar to the Flinstones' camera when compared to some of the setups on display in this thread.

Jellyfish from today, I saw many of these in the water, and many man o' wars washed up on shore:
IMGP7474.jpg

Juvenile queen angelfish:
168379_1731022003453_1475599337_1766555_7664884_n.jpg

Blenny:
35634_1727849244136_1475599337_1759690_5844951_n.jpg

Bandtail puffer, to show that every once in a while this camera can exceed expectations:
IMGP6145-Copy.jpg
I took a *lot* of shots of the jellies Saturday morning, but I don't think *any* of them turned out that nice. Cool.

Had a neat find and a first for me - *two* of those blennies in the same hole. I assume one male, one female. Also, my first ever find of a seahorse on my own, and he was a decent sized rascal.

Hope to get some pics (and video) up soon. I *think* I'm about to streamline my "post-processing" routine to the point of it taking only a "reasonable" amount of time. :D Still not quite finished with the batch from BHB from the end of December, though.

Ran into sportxlh on entry and exit - my first "in person" Scubaboard meet since Robin and Ron on the Nekton a few years back.

Originally entered about an hour and fifteen minutes prior to the listed high tide. Waded out to the end of the pilings at the west end and by the time I managed to get both fins on, I was on my way towards Jacksonville in a hurry. It was all I could do to get back to the entry point and wait for it to slow down a bit. Was still sitting there when sportxlh advised me that it should be fine by the time he arrived for entry. I'm way too old for fighting a bunch of current. . .

BTW, I woulda guessed the little angel to have been a blue rather than a queen - with both being some of my favorite things to see in the ocean.

Kevin

Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club: Info about the meeting set for this Thursday... Even if you can't make it please send your comments in to the link listed below....Their will be NO public speaking at this meeting as Mr. Call (Director Parks and Recreation) informed me today... He encourages everyone to submit a written letter/comment at the meeting or to the info I have provided in the link below...
Contact Us

They sell it to the aquarium trade...
(but I have seen a lobster there that was a good couple pounds)

Please stand in for me, I have a commitment on Thursday night.
What really bothers me is that you can't collect from shore, but allowed to from a boat. It irks me to no end an instructor I know that collects from a private boat and sees no harm in what he does..

Jenny
I stress to all who love Blue Heron Bridge please do not post where you may find the special fish, animals & invertebrates that don't move around. Also don't post photos where by looking at the surroundings collectors can find our special photo subjects. With all the places to collect this should not be one of them. Please don't make it easier. I use to love to share but no longer will with those I don't know for fear the next dive the critter might be gone.
Deb

Great report and great jelly shot ! It was a nice treat to be able to photograph the jellies wasn't it ?

I took a *lot* of shots of the jellies Saturday morning, but I don't think *any* of them turned out that nice. Cool.

Had a neat find and a first for me - *two* of those blennies in the same hole. I assume one male, one female. Also, my first ever find of a seahorse on my own, and he was a decent sized rascal.

Hope to get some pics (and video) up soon. I *think* I'm about to streamline my "post-processing" routine to the point of it taking only a "reasonable" amount of time. :D Still not quite finished with the batch from BHB from the end of December, though.

Ran into sportxlh on entry and exit - my first "in person" Scubaboard meet since Robin and Ron on the Nekton a few years back.

Originally entered about an hour and fifteen minutes prior to the listed high tide. Waded out to the end of the pilings at the west end and by the time I managed to get both fins on, I was on my way towards Jacksonville in a hurry. It was all I could do to get back to the entry point and wait for it to slow down a bit. Was still sitting there when sportxlh advised me that it should be fine by the time he arrived for entry. I'm way too old for fighting a bunch of current. . .

BTW, I woulda guessed the little angel to have been a blue rather than a queen - with both being some of my favorite things to see in the ocean.

Kevin

Jenny
I stress to all who love Blue Heron Bridge please do not post where you may find the special fish, animals & invertebrates that don't move around. Also don't post photos where by looking at the surroundings collectors can find our special photo subjects. With all the places to collect this should not be one of them. Please don't make it easier. I use to love to share but no longer will with those I don't know for fear the next dive the critter might be gone.
Deb
What exactly stops any of us from "disturbing" any "collection in progress" we see going on... Personally, if any of you point this out to me, I would be happy to destroy a collection opportunity in progress :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom