The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree: that is an amazing shot of the shrimp. By the way, what kind of shrimp is it??

It's a bumblebee shrimp. In real life they are teeny tiny. If you didn't know better you'd think it was just a fleck of schmutz. Which is what makes that photo beyond amazing. where's the "we're not worthy" smilie when you need it?

It's a bumblebee shrimp. In real life they are teeny tiny. If you didn't know better you'd think it was just a fleck of schmutz.

Hmmm. Looks like they're at least as long as the spines of the urchins. Small, but not schmutz fleck small, no? I think there might be some value in looking into some dive mask readers. . . About to upgrade my own after some pool testing that I hope to get around to today.

Kevin

It was the size of a fat grain of rice. It is the movement that catches my eye usually. I have readers in my mask. Can't read my guages otherwise.

Alright. My interest is officially piqued. What is the proper etiquette for hunting these guys? Must the urchins be returned to their upright and locked positions after looking under them for these beautiful little guys?

Kevin

Alright. My interest is officially piqued. What is the proper etiquette for hunting these guys? Must the urchins be returned to their upright and locked positions after looking under them for these beautiful little guys?

Kevin

Yes they must be returned to the upright position when done shooting. :D

In the case of the 1st Bumbble Bee Shrimp it was on top of the urchin. It started jumping around when I first touched the urchin to turn it over. It was just a matter of spinning it around to keep the shrimp facing me.

When ever I find the Squat Urchin Shrimp they are always on the underside.

Good dive today. 75F. But TONS of silters. Stop dragging the bottom folks. Couldn't even get close to the last wall on the West side due to silt and stacked up divers.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom