The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to try to be at the bridge this Friday for a dive. I forget exactly when high tide is, but it is near noon this Friday the 12th of June. I didn't have room for my camera in the luggage, so no pics for me, but I really need to get wet. Jim, are you available on Friday? I want to see some nudi's.

I am going to try to be at the bridge this Friday for a dive. I forget exactly when high tide is, but it is near noon this Friday the 12th of June. I didn't have room for my camera in the luggage, so no pics for me, but I really need to get wet. Jim, are you available on Friday? I want to see some nudi's.
This weekend I am on the west coast.

I'll be diving Venice to scout some good tooth spots for "June Birthday Bash" the following weekend

Oh well, next time.

siegelreptiles,

Your bad what?

My wife and I dove the east span today. The viz was...well, less than stellar, but we got wet that's all that matters. Looking horizontal we were greeted with a dark green hue and not the near gin clear water of our previous dives. A light was definitely needed under the bridge.

The usual critters were there including a small approximately 1 foot spotted moray ell. We saw a few small lobsters and a tiny, tiny flounder.

My wife used her mother's day present for the first time, a Nikon L20 with Ikelite housing. A very nice camera for our, umm her, purposes. She did get a few decent photos, nothing worth posting, but much better than the film camera she was using. An external strobe is definitely needed, but we'll have to wait a bit for that. For some reason I find it hard to believe that the strobe is the same price as the camera and housing. I don't know why but I do.

There were several divers there today which I was quite surprised about being that it was a week day, but then I forget that it is summertime so maybe that had something to do with it.

Anyways, it was worth the hour and a half drive for 57 minutes of bottom time.

my bad---I edited my post as I thought someone had misquoted high tide for tommorow, but I was looked on wades page which does not seem to be working ---(year behind), so I deleted it and wrote my bad

my bad---I edited my post as I thought someone had misquoted high tide for tommorow, but I was looked on wades page which does not seem to be working ---(year behind), so I deleted it and wrote my bad

:rofl3:

Okay. Yeah, Wade's Page is a great place for bridge information, but he still has last years tide chart. I know quite a few people that have shown up for dives based on that chart. They have been a bit suprised.

I just realized I didn't post pictures from last weekend's dive at BHB... Oops!

Future's so bright... I gotta wear shades...
urchinglasses0906071.jpg

I don't care how close you get, I'm not smiling for your damn camera!
spottedbatfish0906072.jpg

Form a dance line... It's electric!
stargazer0906071.jpg

I certainly hope Sandy got the pics of the purple tipped nudis. I made sure someone with a better macro camera got a view of them on the east span of the bridge!
Some smallish stuff...
nudibranch09060711.jpg

nudibranch09060713.jpg

nudibranch0906073.jpg

nudibranch09060712.jpg

nudibranch0906079.jpg

The Blob...
frogfish0906072.jpg

Oooh, garden Eels...
gardeneel0906071.jpg

Ahhh, poor guy has an injury. Where's my sharp blade knife?
flounder0906071.jpg

Come on Sandy... These were really purple...
nudibranch0906076.jpg

Finally, un-edited... maybe the red nudi was just cleaning the purple nudi...

Or, it's "Nudi's Gone Wild!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom