the DIR moniker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BQ4022%20HOGARTHIAN%20CAVE%20DIVER%20PATCH.jpg

[/thread]

what's wrong with a hot pink AL80 rigged as a stage?!? I have 2 of them!! :D They go well with the camo-meg :wink:

or perhaps these are more to your liking :wink:

n760835437_8471687_3316655.jpg

You mean a steel LP80/85? (round bottom in the giveaway) Are those doubled up?

Melody is jealous her original pink AL80s were sent to scrap a few years ago, one had a pit inside after a wet fill, the other in the UWS frenzy to condemn all Al80s made before 1990 - even though her pink ones were Catalina's. She still resents them for that.

Danny Riordan gave me a relentlessly ribbing about my CT's -- every morning, it was, "Did you forget your skateboard?" We became "Team Skateboard" because of it.

Team Skateboard must have made quite an impression! Danny's still chuckling about the petite lady from Washington running CT's :D! He targeted my fuchsia pink DUI suit for his endless poking :). All in good fun!

The only true complaints I've ever heard about my equipment (from GUE instructors & divers) are aimed at maximizing function & safety. For example - recently down in Mx Danny wasn’t too thrilled about the short reflector on my light head when I kept blinding him during drills :shakehead:.

Certainly I'll upgrade to a longer reflector, but the pink TLS 350 - no problem :).

what's wrong with a hot pink AL80 rigged as a stage?!? I have 2 of them!! :D They go well with the camo-meg :wink: or perhaps these are more to your liking :wink:
n760835437_8471687_3316655.jpg

I love it :D :D !!

Last edited:
I have matching pink stages and borrowed Cameron's LP85's for GUE-Fundamentals (as an extra set for Bob to use, since I was providing him with tanks...)

You mean a steel LP80/85? (round bottom in the giveaway) Are those doubled up?

Melody is jealous her original pink AL80s were sent to scrap a few years ago, one had a pit inside after a wet fill, the other in the UWS frenzy to condemn all Al80s made before 1990 - even though her pink ones were Catalina's. She still resents them for that.

Perhaps "common sense" would be a good alternative term.

If it were common - it would...

Superior Sexier Scubadivers (SSS/Triple S) has a nice ring to it don't you think?

I'm just starting to look at DIR/GUE and when I've been asked to explain what it's about I've kinda struggled. I don't think I'd dream about saying what the DIR initials stand for. I think it's pretty offensive, I think they would too. I don't think that's it's 'doing it right' it's just a different approach to doing it. An approach that has a lot of appeal to me, but I think it's arrogance to suggest it is right and the rest is wrong.

I like UTD, I think it encompasses the values and approach well. GUE is kind of meaningless in terms of creating an identity via the name. Therefore I'm training with GUE :D

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom