The explanation of d33ps1x as nick. What's yours mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d33ps1x

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
R_Deluca:
I've heard d33 and eric_u have a secret spot that is supposedly 120' deep.

I have noticed people calling me D33 on here and not that I really care I thought it would be of interest to explain my name a little and maybe some of your guys can too.

My real nickname both in real life and on the internet is actually DeEpSiX.

Back in the early days of this internet. I mean early days I was pretty much the only DeEpSiX around. Used to use it on IRC all the time on any network with no issues. Not anymore.

Now it seems like a lot of people fancy it and when I go to sign up for new things the name is taken. The same goes for Scubaboard.

Some dude who blew his eardrums out and never came on here again took the name and I was stuck using something that all the internet kiddies call Leet Speak or l33t $p34K to get my name.

http://www.ryanross.net/leet/

I pretty much have given up on ever being DeEpSiX and now just sign up for everything as d33ps1x. I actually like it better now.

So if you need to call me by a shorter name it would actually be d33p not d33. At the end of the day call me whatever pleases you. Sixer, D, whatever...

After all. What's in a name.

What's your story?

Tom R:
Mine is Tom R short for my name :D

Im in the same situation as tom :dazzler1:

On the board already but it might not be so bad to have a new one.

At the time I joined SB I was a working commercial diver in central FL, spending lots of hours in storm water drain pipes and similar systems. being that I was dope enough to keep going back into the pipes I thought the name was a good choice.

Thanks "Boog", I was wondering about you.......

heheheheh

ScubaSteve.

No explanation required.

At least I'll always remember what D33ps1x means now.

Lemme guess, you have a funky License plate too?

d33ps1x:
My real nickname both in real life and on the internet is actually DeEpSiX.

I honestly never would have thought that this required translation. Sometimes I forget that not everyone is up on internet babble. Have to watch that, don't want my broad mind and narrow waist to be trading adjectives. :D

If I recall correctly, the FBI recently had one of their directors bring in his pre-teen daughter to lecture agents on how to read chat room discussions.

Like many, my boring username is just a derivative of my real name. One that I've used for years and am used to.

Scuba_Steve:
At least I'll always remember what D33ps1x means now.

Lemme guess, you have a funky License plate too?

I prefer a non-descript vehicle and non custom plates. Less chance of being memorable you get sighted making a body drop.

Don't you agree?

d33ps1x:
I prefer a non-descript vehicle and non custom plates. Less chance of being memorable you get sighted making a body drop.

Don't you agree?

Remember, a friend will help you move. A true friend will help you move... a body.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom