The Grand Traverse in Peacock Springs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If only you didn't have to swim through a couple thousand feet of the ugliest cave in FL to see it, maybe I would go :idk:

Yes, but if you swim really fast past the first 1,500 feet to get to the back as quickly as possible, you don't have to look at the ugly cave in the front. :D

Kinda like swimming 2000ft to see trash when all I have to do is look in a garbage can :D

Exactly like that I'd think.

they can help to break up the monotony a tad

I wouldn't dive caves if I thought they were monotonotonotonous :wink:

Looks cooler than the rest of the cave...not completely beat to snot

:p Goto a hardware store if you want to see it 'pristine'

They got lost, one diver was out of backgas and had 200psi left in a stage. He was stuck trying to get up the chimney cause he didnt have any gas for his wing or suit. he also had tied his inflator down so he was unable to orally inflate. He got lucky someone came along and could help. from what I understand his buddy got stuck on the ceiling and was unable to get down to him and he was about out of gas too. There is probably more to it that I dont know and didnt ask. getting lost is a piss poor reason to die, we have too many safety devices to make sure that doesnt happen.

I understand those that dont get to come dive much wanting to see as much as they can, but learning the system is just as important as checking your gas supply in my opinion. At least leave markers you will know.

There is a lot more to it. What it basically comes down to is they were scootering in areas they had no business being in without scooters, never mind with scooters.

Looks cooler than the rest of the cave...not completely beat to snot
164550_1708281059287_1005885241_31818580_3531345_n.jpg

If only you didn't have to swim through a couple thousand feet of the ugliest cave in FL to see it, maybe I would go :idk:

Thanks! Now I don't have to go. Although, I don't think LR is the ugliest cave in FL. I can't think of an ugly cave, to be honest.

Thanks! Now I don't have to go. Although, I don't think LR is the ugliest cave in FL. I can't think of an ugly cave, to be honest.

I can, Vortex!!!

There is a lot more to it. What it basically comes down to is they were scootering in areas they had no business being in without scooters, never mind with scooters.

Exactly my point. What's the freakin rush? I was there when they went in, I left before the stupid mishap. One was new in SM, it was mentioned they should swim and get use to it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom