the great 109 to 156 (using the new S-wing) and "lever" issues threads (continued)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daisy has some interesting stuff, but she sure is proud of it.
I hope she runs out of cool stuff pretty soon or I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage. I already had that lever bender on my watch list, I guess I won't get it for the minimum bid now.

Isn't on a "Buy it Now" setting? Anyway, I'll wait for someone to try it out first before I do. Let us know how it goes :D

Isn't on a "Buy it Now" setting? Anyway, I'll wait for someone to try it out first before I do. Let us know how it goes :D
If it had a " buy it now" it would already be mine. I'm pretty sure I won't see another one of those in my life time. My main concern is if the slots in it are narrow enough to bend the old style G250 levers or is it just for old style 109's.

Last edited:
Looks like a one-piece. (just to be sure with my nomenclature: Is that what's referred to as the "top hat" poppet?)

Maybe we can sweet talk herman into producing a small run of these...
I might be tempted for one.

Has anyone tried this purported SP tool from eBay ($35) to change the lever angle?

Scubapro 109 Lever Height Tool with Instruction Sheet. New.

I read before that Awap had some success with bending the feet himself before. This might take the guess work out of that.

T2eC16JHJFoE9nh6m970BQDCiiBBuw60_57.jpg

T2eC16JHJGE9nm3pkoZBQDCnLzr60_57.jpg

(both photos from the auction)

It's a lot cheaper to just buy the new lever. The curved feet are supposed to improve the action of the lever as it moves between the square hole in the air barrel and the wings on the poppet, I guess. It seems to work; I've had excellent results on several 109s with it. The other variable is the spring; I would replace the old spring, even if it just means finding a used one.

2" for cracking pressure is way off for these regs; they should be be pretty stable down to case fault geometry limits of about 1" or so, and when they're working properly they breathe extremely well.

Another slim possibility I suppose would be some wear or nick in the square hole on the air barrel. You can take a jeweler's file and very carefully clean up the edge, especially the bottom corner where the lever rides. That might smooth things out a bit, but after reading your thread i'd be 90% sure that a new lever and spring will solve the problem.

I've had success using a crescent wrench to adjust the feet angle of a lever. It was a lever like the middle one in post #67.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom