the great 109 to 156 (using the new S-wing) and "lever" issues threads (continued)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to know you are alive and well.

From posts on SB, it seems converting to balanced should not reduce WOB but should provide more stability to the on/off mode and eliminate bubbling.

Would replacing the mouthpiece with a Comfo-bite be considered sacrilege?

I think switching to the balanced poppet will improve the performance, and I've definitely posted that before. The cracking effort shouldn't change, at least at the surface, but since the balanced poppet uses air at IP as a partial 'spring' to close the valve, during inhalation when the IP drops, so will the upstream force. IOW, even though the initial cracking effort might be about the same, you should get a smoother and more consistent air flow. I guess that would translate to lower WOB. A few of the regulars don't notice much difference between the balanced and unbalanced poppets, but I think part of that is just the fact that with a good spring, good orifice, and a first stage that provides a really stable IP, the unbalanced poppet does very well.

BTW, nice job with the home made tools!

I use sea cure mouthpieces on mine. To me mouthpiece comfort is really important.

Maybe we can sweet talk herman into producing a small run of these...
I might be tempted for one.

That may become available sooner than you think.

BTW, talking about available parts.

VintageDoubleHose.com is now offering a lot of Scubapro parts.
Bryan just send me an email. He has 109 diaphragm covers, exhaust "T", upgrade kits for 109 to BA, etc.

Shop Online

......and what's a G250C?......another name for the HP?

Probably this one: Second

The "C" either stands for clear or for the chunks you7 might be able to see inside.:wink:

Probably this one: Second

The "C" either stands for clear or for the chunks you7 might be able to see inside.:wink:

The "C" is next to the "V" on the keyboard.

It's actually "Crystal".

I had one, but as soon as my #2 son saw it, he liberated it from me. Oh well...

For all you lever benders out there: the lever height tool is available! And there's a bunch of other assoted goodies!

PM herman.

51228951.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom