The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

they said they would not promise my order would get processed that day ( remember it was 11:30 am) UNLESS I paid for 3 day service ( again I am a 1 day point ground). I paid them in good faith only to end up losing an additional $29 to return the wrong item and get it shipped 2 day from LDS. Any one can make a mistake but I had to pay for their mistake. Live and learn.

Making a mistake is bad enough... paying for someone else's mistake is not right. However, I have had no problems with LP at all. I have always had my order filled correctly.

scuubaadoo:
they said they would not promise my order would get processed that day ( remember it was 11:30 am) UNLESS I paid for 3 day service ( again I am a 1 day point ground).
Well I think you've missed the point of what their saying - it seems like a business constrant that the guy on the phone can't work around. It would appear from this that if you order and choose ground shipping, your order is processed whenever, regardless of how close you live to them or how long ground shipping takes to get to you. To get it processed on the day of ordering, you would need to order rush delivery (ie 3 day shipping, 1 day shipping, etc). I'm betting that their order base is so large every day that it's an automated process to generate a report on what orders get filled when, and rush delivery method orders get priority for filling, and that's the only way to get the system to flag your order for shipping that day. It's not just two guys in a shop running LP packing order boxes at lunchtime, it's a full-on warehouse operation from my understanding.

but again why do I have to pay for their mistake? Thats all I'm asking. As I said in the begining I would NEVER buy a shoulder bag no way , NEVER. So I know I would only ask for a backpack. If I make a mistake at work ( remember I work in shipping ) I issue a call tag to get the product back at NO charge to the customer.

Did they admit to shipping you the wrong thing? If not, then you have to prove they did. Obviously, a customer is always right policy would be prefered, but since they are a large business they dont have to eat what think are customer mistakes.

well, i guess my opinion is they are a good shop with great prices, but in the store on 18th street in manhattan, the customer service kind of sucks. Don't take this the wrong way, but they are definitely a weird bunch of guys with attitude that gets in the way of serving the customer.

Most people on this board have never set foot in the LP showroom in NYC. Although they are the premier discount mail order topic of scuba gear on this board, their store is not very impressive. Given their huge inventory of stuff available on line you would expect the store to be the similar, but the showroom is about the size of a large living room.

In short if you go there it is best to know exactly what you want and insist on that item to be sold to you, otherwise they will probably have an opinion of their own and might push something else.

Yes the whole place is a bit "trippy"

Scubamax

Never had an issue with LP...ordered from them several times. Always prompt and reliable.

Lets compare my 2 warrenty issues that came up with dive equipment.

1. Smart Pro computer recall. LP got in touch with me by email with instructions on how to get the computer serviced. Followed up with THREE additional emails to ensure everything went smooth and it did.

2. Scubapro wetsuit threading began to unravel after 25 dives. Purchased at LDS. Returned to LDS. FOUR MONTHS later I finally got my suit back!

See, your service can be crappy or good anywhere.

As for the people that have never shopped at LP and won't because of one bad apple...its your $$$ and you are spending a lot more of it that you really have to once you delete that link. Here it is if you want it back... www.leisurepro.com

I live about 2 hours from LP so when ever I need anything that I should try on I go in to NYC and make a day of it. I find that with every thing else in life you should when you can and it is not one of those spontanious situations that you should know what you want before you buy it. I like the place and have reyurned stuff months after I bought it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom