The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive shop closes at 3 on saturday and is closed on sunday... Well, my crew dives saturday AND sunday, so unless we come back to shop before 3 (ya right) or get 4 tanks each for a total of 20 tanks for 5 divers, we are screwed for the sunday dive, assuming 2 tanks both days like most weekends. What a pain to take them all back on monday.

The club idea is good for home, but when traveling not so great for refills. However, I assume that dive destinations will have sufficient LDS support to begin and remain open. I would think that the dive shops in "Iowa" would be the most affected by LP and the like.

I've bought lost of things from these guys including my dive computer. Never a problem. My LDS is not use friendly and over priced! The next best dive shop is 50 miles down the road.

Liesure Pro are a bunch of liars. I purchased from them recently and will NEVER deal with them again. First off, they aren't even a dive shop. They are a camera shop. As for my experience with Liesure Pro:

I went to their site a week before taking a diving trip with my girlfriend. I ordered a mask, wetsuit, and gear bag for myself...and a set of fins for my girlfriend. According to LP's site, all the items were "in stock." I placed the order, and designated UPS 3-day shipping. I got a confirmation email from them, letting me know that my purchase would be shipped immediately. By the next afternoon, I still had not received a tracking number from them so I gave them a call. They had not even shipped the merchandise yet! According to a guy named Mel, they were having a problem because our phone number is unlisted and UPS needs to verify a phone number.(complete b.s.) I explained to Mel that the number was unlisted, and he said that he corrected the problem and the order would be shipped out that day. I waited 3 days(Friday), and the order still had not arrived. I tried calling their shop, and they were closed. UPS wouldn't give me any info because I had no tracking number. I tried calling them on Saturday, the day before we were to leave, and got a message that they were closed again. So now we have to leave for our diving trip without the gear we ordered. The following Monday, I call LP and get in touch with Mel. Surprise surprise, they still had not shipped our order!!! He gives me the same crap about the phone number, after he already lied to me about fixing the problem. What pissed me off even more was the fact that they made no effort to get back to me. What were they going to do, let my order just sit there forever until I called them again??? This time, I ripped into him for the incompetence. Mel apologized and said he would refund part of my shipping cost for the inconvenience and that he would personally make sure the order went out right after I got off the phone with him. At that point, I gave him the address of our condo where we were at so that we could actually use the gear at some point before flying back home. On Wednesday(9 days after the order was placed), I called them back again to check and see if they had a tracking number. I find out that after Mel lied to me again when he told me he would ship it out after I got off the phone with him. He didn't even ship it later that day. He shipped my order at the end of the next day!!! So now I wouldn't be getting my gear until the last 2 days of our trip! What's more, I also find out that no credit on the shipping was made. The guy f**king lied to me 3 times! I talked about this with the guy that ran the diving charter that we went on, and he told me about their operation and Liesure Pro. He apparently knows the guy who runs their so-called "diving" business, and explained how they do things there. From what I heard, I'm lucky. They have a long history of screwing people over. This guy told me that if I ever want to buy any dive gear again, just let him know and he'll match any price Liesure Pro offers.

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I'm new to this :) . . .

I'm a fairly new diver interested in purchasing a dive computer (wrist mounted) before an upcoming trip to Hawaii. Since my OW certification, I've become addicted to diving, enjoying dives in Cozumel twice (two separate trips that is) and French Polynesia. Now I'm ready to invest in a computer.

It appears that the Suunto Vyper is the best option based on reviews I have read here and elsewhere. Leisure Pro appears to have the best price, just north of $300. Without igniting the all too frequent debates over Leisure Pro vs. your friendly LDS and computers versus tables, what I really want to know is -- drumroll please! -- is Leisure Pro likely to have a Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday sale? I'd hate to shell out more money than is absolutely necessary. After all, a dollar spent on equipment is a dollar less for diving (at least for me). Any ideas based on past experience (or even insider information)? Thanks in advance!

there is almost NO chance of an X-Mas sale.:D

the reason why they can sell for so cheap is because they buy so many at one time. and mares, unlike scubapro and aqualung, doesn't have price protection, meaning, they can sell for whatever cost they want to. usually, the MSRP is 50-70% above the wholesale cost. LDS' cost are inflated above reasonable... However, LP cannot sell scubapro, aqualung, etc. because some of the manufactures will void the warrenty in such case. and if the store sells 10% below the MSRP, it voids warrenty as well.

NaCL H2O Boy once bubbled...
Liesure Pro are a bunch of liars. I purchased from them recently and will NEVER deal with them again. First off, they aren't even a dive shop. They are a camera shop. As for my experience with Liesure Pro:

I went to their site a week before taking a diving trip with my girlfriend. I ordered a mask, wetsuit, and gear bag for myself...and a set of fins for my girlfriend. According to LP's site, all the items were "in stock." I placed the order, and designated UPS 3-day shipping. I got a confirmation email from them, letting me know that my purchase would be shipped immediately. By the next afternoon, I still had not received a tracking number from them so I gave them a call. They had not even shipped the merchandise yet! According to a guy named Mel, they were having a problem because our phone number is unlisted and UPS needs to verify a phone number.(complete b.s.) I explained to Mel that the number was unlisted, and he said that he corrected the problem and the order would be shipped out that day. I waited 3 days(Friday), and the order still had not arrived. I tried calling their shop, and they were closed. UPS wouldn't give me any info because I had no tracking number. I tried calling them on Saturday, the day before we were to leave, and got a message that they were closed again. So now we have to leave for our diving trip without the gear we ordered. The following Monday, I call LP and get in touch with Mel. Surprise surprise, they still had not shipped our order!!! He gives me the same crap about the phone number, after he already lied to me about fixing the problem. What pissed me off even more was the fact that they made no effort to get back to me. What were they going to do, let my order just sit there forever until I called them again??? This time, I ripped into him for the incompetence. Mel apologized and said he would refund part of my shipping cost for the inconvenience and that he would personally make sure the order went out right after I got off the phone with him. At that point, I gave him the address of our condo where we were at so that we could actually use the gear at some point before flying back home. On Wednesday(9 days after the order was placed), I called them back again to check and see if they had a tracking number. I find out that after Mel lied to me again when he told me he would ship it out after I got off the phone with him. He didn't even ship it later that day. He shipped my order at the end of the next day!!! So now I wouldn't be getting my gear until the last 2 days of our trip! What's more, I also find out that no credit on the shipping was made. The guy f**king lied to me 3 times! I talked about this with the guy that ran the diving charter that we went on, and he told me about their operation and Liesure Pro. He apparently knows the guy who runs their so-called "diving" business, and explained how they do things there. From what I heard, I'm lucky. They have a long history of screwing people over. This guy told me that if I ever want to buy any dive gear again, just let him know and he'll match any price Liesure Pro offers.

They're just a business. It sounds like you have no idea how to operate.

always have an x-mass sale. I mean around x-mass time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom