The Halcyon Eclipse single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget to check the top of the inflator hose. If you have a pull-dump inflator hose, the valve at the pull-dump has a large o-ring that could be missing or has a tear in it. As was mentioned before, be sure to thread correctly, and only hand tight. If you need a tool to tighten then it is too tight.

Keep in mind, with all of these responses then we all must have had a problem or two in the past.

Good luck.

Matthew J D'Avella

Saturation:
That is a major defect, it shouldn't be inspected, you should get a new one. If it leaks that much air at 1 ATA, its unsafe to use as a BC.

Have to say that I agree with the above....If I bought a B/C from ANYONE and the B/C exnibited those problems, I'd take it back...

It isn't my job as a customer to make defective manufacturing or defective assembly right again.

You know its fine that everyone is offering potential solutions to fix the problem. However, this is a brand new BC. It should NOT be broken, or leaking, or have a pull dump issue, or anything!!! Take this POS back to the place where you bought it and demand a new one. Simple solution!!!

My brand new (well, 20 dives old) OMS single tank 30# donut worked great out of the box. I'd say no one did a quality control check on your H wing. But hey, you only paid a lot more for yours, so what do you expect. Let the LDS give you a new one. If the threads are damaged and you were dinking with it, they'll blame you and you're screwed.

mempilot:
My brand new (well, 20 dives old) OMS single tank 30# donut worked great out of the box. I'd say no one did a quality control check on your H wing. But hey, you only paid a lot more for yours, so what do you expect. Let the LDS give you a new one. If the threads are damaged and you were dinking with it, they'll blame you and you're screwed.

Is your 30#OMS wing double bag construction or single like the h. pioneers? And out of curriousity, how does the material and build compare to their larger wings...always thought OMS offered a nice product.
thanks,
JRK

jrk:
Is your 30#OMS wing double bag construction or single like the h. pioneers? And out of curriousity, how does the material and build compare to their larger wings...always thought OMS offered a nice product.
thanks,
JRK

It's a single bag, but for single tank diving it's fine. The quality is nice. The outer shell seems very durable. Last week, I was inside a wreck and rubbed it against the overhead. It doesnt' show any wear other than the silt stains. My OMS doubles wing is the same outer shell material, but a dual bag. The dumps seem to be the same. I'll keep buying OMS until I find a fault worth switching over.

warren_l:
Boomx5, are you referring to the original Oxycheq single tank wing or the signature series?

I was talking about the original. I know there's a difference between the two but I still like the Halcyon wing better (but that's just my opinion).

On the other hand, I haven't dove my single tank wing in about six months and I really can't wait to compaire the Oxycheq and Halcyon doubles wings for myself. Have you been able to compared the two yet?

Oh, you really didn't like it, did you? :D

I'm still assembling a Halcyon rig and I must say (even though I'm loving it), I'm miffed at the engineering of the STA bolts. You would think they could have taken FredT's idea and deepened the groove? And the crotch strap slot being covered by the STA?? strange..

Back
Top Bottom