The Halcyon Eclipse single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry about that :confused:

Lets do that again.

Its not possible to access the inner bladder to do repairs.
The bladder looks bulletproof tho....... compared to my rectek that is.
Tommorow i wil dive it and will keep you posted.

Greetz

Ray

Great pics!! Looks like a nice wing, i bet you cant wait to try it out.

I like the idea of having a seperate bladder but dont care for not being able to access if it gets a hole somehow. At least with the pioneer wings you could patch the outside to fix a hole. You dont have this option with this wing.

I was a bit frustrated finding out about this wing...specially since I JUST BOUGHT A PIONEER 27!!!!

Anyway, I'm still happy with the 27... the new wing hasn't been field tested yet... and I don't really need the added protection since I don't do cave/wreck dives yet...by then I'll probably need the Explorer wing anyway.

My question is... is the new wing bigger than the 27? It says it's a 30# wing... but does that really show in the size of the wing at all? If it is bigger, does the outshell make it even bulkier? And can you completely remove the inner bladder from the outershell? Or is it stuck to it since it's a round bladder, and not a "U" shaped one?

It seems that Halcyon is streamlining their production to just 2 wing sizes now... 30 & 40lb wings.

Most people can't decide between either the 27 & 36 ... or the 36 & 45... so they did a mix of both. :)

I never really needed more lift... it's not like you're supposed to use the thing as a life vest anyway. And the 27 is actually big enough on me. (I can't belive I wanted a Zeagle 45 a few years back... that would've looked like a blimp on my back!)

I won one of the BC's in a Spearfishing Tournament a month ago, I have dove it several times and is a nice BC, the only problem is there is no access to the inner bladder in case of a leak.

It comes with a STA, as it has no slots for bands.

It would appear that I am becoming more and more interested in the BP and Wing setup. A quick question I have is on the Halcyon Eclipse or even the Explorer wings.....Is the backplate and harness that comes with that rig the same that is seen on the Explorer wings rig? The reason that I'm asking is most of my diving "at this point" is single tank cold open ocean. If I were to try the BP and wings route, it would be nice if I could start with the Eclise and just switch to the Explorer wing whenever it became neccessary. Is this line of thinking somewhere in the ballpark? Any answers would be appreciated.

Yes, you can buy a single tank wing and backplate, and just switch the wing at some later point, using the same backplate and harness for doubles. In SoCal, a 6lb SS plate would be close to ideal for you for singles, if going the backplate route.

However, depending on your weighting requirements and the tanks you double, it is possible for a 6lb backplate to be too heavy for use with doubles, in which case you would probably need an aluminum plate. But it would be a good starting point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom