The Isolation Manifold, lessons not learned and a small defence of the IUCRR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL. Just pick up one of the tanks and spin it around. :rolleyes:
Yep..then the biggest oil filter strap wrench you can find to tighten it. :p

I saw a once piece manifold with valves on mine disposal divers, but I have no idea who makes them. I do love their manganese alloy 270 bar 11l cylinders though.

How would you thread the tanks on?
LOL. Just pick up one of the tanks and spin it around. :rolleyes:

@Daedalus, I would use the same approach I use when assembling my doubles using my military surplus U.S. Divers single-outlet, solid-bar manifold:

Step 1. Spin the manifold tight onto one of the cylinders.
Step 2. (@tursiops approach) Spin the second cylinder tight onto the manifold.
Step 3. Slide the tank bands on, and space them (the bands, to fit the holes in your back plate) "correctly" and tighten them (the bands). DONE.

rx7diver

@Daedalus, I would use the same approach I use when assembling my doubles using my military surplus U.S. Divers single-outlet, solid-bar manifold:

Step 1. Spin the manifold tight onto one of the cylinders.
Step 2. (@tursiops approach) Spin the second cylinder tight onto the manifold.
Step 3. Slide the tank bands on, and space them (the bands, to fit the holes in your back plate) "correctly" and tighten them (the bands). DONE.

rx7diver

This is how I do mine.. I get the tanks up on a table or bench and hang the neck over the ledge, screw manifold onto the 1st tank, then screw tank 2 into the manifold. Also (not to you per say, just anyone reading) I'll use 1/2" PVC under the top and bottom of the tanks running perpendicular so they roll better.

I'm sure there's other ways to do it, but that's pretty easy and don't have to take the manifold apart to do so.

@O-ring mentioned a oil filter strap. That's also what I use.

I can break down and redo doubles pretty quick this way... quick enough I don't pay a dive shop to do it anymore.

Tobin has a great method for assembling doubles:

I saw a once piece manifold with valves on mine disposal divers, but I have no idea who makes them. I do love their manganese alloy 270 bar 11l cylinders though.

Aqua Lung has a division that sells them to the US military.

On this sombre occasion it would seem that artificial intelligence has proven to be superior in comparison to the scrambled plan of action submitted by the gregarious few in previous exchanges, which by unspecified means has brought due diligence to the fact that the Do-it-Right mantra is neither concept nor copyright, but an ingratiating slogan worshiped by a select group of nobodies. Commercial divers, abalone, lobster divers (using the hooker system), combat divers, police and emergency response divers, expedition divers, marine scientists, recreational and technical divers adhere to standards set by their nominated predecessors.

On this sombre occasion it would seem that artificial intelligence has proven to be superior in comparison to the scrambled plan of action submitted by the gregarious few in previous exchanges, which by unspecified means has brought due diligence to the fact that the Do-it-Right mantra is neither concept nor copyright, but an ingratiating slogan worshiped by a select group of nobodies. Commercial divers, abalone, lobster divers (using the hooker system), combat divers, police and emergency response divers, expedition divers, marine scientists, recreational and technical divers adhere to standards set by their nominated predecessors.
This is why you should never put a bunch of words in a shaker, spill them out on the table, and then print them in whatever order they fell out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom