The Joy of a mask well fit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
happy happy joy joy ~ happy happy joy joy ~ happy happy joy joy

My mask fits so well that its margins tuck neatly under the hood.
My mask fits so well that the only skin showing is on my lips.
My mask fits so well that the slap strap is floating loose.

My mask fits so well that it does not mark my face with a ring.
My mask fits so well that it only leaks if I forget to put it on.
My mask fits so well that I hardly know that it is there.

...just thinking about my mask after reading another thread where some folks put their strap under the hood to keep from losing the mask...

I sure like my mask... :D

The only time I've ever lost my mask was in the proximity of AG. :wink:

HeHeHe, ummm Pug, were you a littel bored when you put this ditty together?

Congrats on your well fitting mask!

Ahhhhh.

Only ever really had one mask, well to be fair I had a backup until someone dropped a tank on it.
It stays on my head and since I worked out where abouts the strap was supposed to be on my head it doesn't leak much so I guess I can sing along.

Hmmm I've been thinking about getting a new one for a while, my current spare was a "finder" off the bottom and while it fits well I have always found it a little big for stuffing into the pocket.

Of course fit is first but:
My real priority is field of view. (Underwater Video)

Anyone care to hazard a few model suggestions for a low profile/ low volume mask with a monster field of view (black skirt, non perscription) ?? Might save me some time for trying EVERY mask in several LDS if I can try to narrow the field a bit....

Flummox once bubbled...
Hmmm I've been thinking about getting a new one for a while, my current spare was a "finder" off the bottom and while it fits well I have always found it a little big for stuffing into the pocket.

Of course fit is first but:
My real priority is field of view. (Underwater Video)

Anyone care to hazard a few model suggestions for a low profile/ low volume mask with a monster field of view (black skirt, non perscription) ?? Might save me some time for trying EVERY mask in several LDS if I can try to narrow the field a bit....

Try the SP blk frameless. It's low vol/profile is nice & it has one lense not 2. They also make a Microframe that has 2 lenses.

JMHO

Well unfortunately with my facial hair I can not say it doesn't leak. But I can say a few dives ago it started leaking slightly more than usual. I figure this would be a good time to do a mask removal/replace drill. I go to grab the strap and find that it is flying losely above my head. I hate having to tighten it, but I guess I have to to make sure it doesn't come off at an inoportune time. Still no ring on the face though!

...in the quarry at about 80 ffw. When we got back to the platform we practiced no mask drills by removing ours, dropping it, and then putting on the one we found. It was a little nasty from being in the quarry and must have belonged to one of those tourists that had a run-in with one of those head shrinking Amazonian tribes. It sure hurt my face putting it on, but made me appreciate my own mask...when my buddy gave it back..

dkerr once bubbled...
I go to grab the strap and find that it is flying losely above my head.
Even with the leaks due to facial hair sounds like you have an optimal fit.... cinching down the straps is a sure way to get a mask to leak... bearded or not.

Back
Top Bottom