The Joy of a mask well fit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDolphin once bubbled...
I missed what mask you have.....
I have the one that fits my face perfectly :D

I could tell you what brand and model it is but that wouldn't help unless you had a face like mine...

The key is trying on every mask in every dive shop that you can find. And when you find the mask that fits perfectly buy a couple.

And you too can compose an Ode to Joy. :D

{I'll PM you what brand and model fits my face .}

Ahhh,
And I love my new MARES Target ultra low volume mask after ditching my SP purge valve mask - which was a great mask too - but I decided I didn't need the purge in actuality! However, my BOW agency required us to have and use a purge valve mask for the BOW course! I know, crazy or what - but its true! And while it did make clearing easier, one should know how to accomplish that w/o a purge valve!

Buy your mask from a shop that will swap you if it doesn't work in the water. It is possible to have two masks that bothe "fit" in the store but when diving one may work way better than the other.

When I bought what I ended up as using as my backup mask, I felt if fit better than my primary mask out of the water. In the water it just didn't work aswell.
I'm just not sure anymore what I'm looking for in terms of fit when trying on in a store. :huh:

Flummox once bubbled...
Anyone care to hazard a few model suggestions for a low profile/ low volume mask with a monster field of view (black skirt, non perscription) ?? Might save me some time for trying EVERY mask in several LDS if I can try to narrow the field a bit....

Flummox,

I switched from a Mares ESA to a Cressi Horizon back in May. The Cressi is "low profile/ low volume. . . with a monster field of view [and] black skirt". . and about half the price of the ESA.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Well... I didn't think about the tune for the ditty... since it is more of a choric ode... but differing from a Penaric ode in that the epode takes the same form as the strophe and antistrophe... so I guess it is a Pugaric Ode. Note the well shaped stanzas that float between three choruses of triads.

I think it was the helium leaking out.....

I have the Cressi Big eyes, it is similar to the Horizon, I love it !:smooch: I can see everything...although next time I would get a black skirt because the browning silicon is nasty....:eek:ut:

I just bought a new one too a Mares XVision\

Hey you have got to try this baby it is the most amazing soft, low profile, massive vision mask I have ever worn, if you get a chance stick one on your facee ohhhh baby

xvision.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom