The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(...)
But I did learn something right away...
Tuning a TFX to 0.7" makes it SO twitchy. It would freeflow at the drop of a hat out of my mouth. Turning the Venturi vane to Min didn't help. Standard technique for shutting off freeflow (inverting the reg mouthpiece down, and then slowly turning it upright as it fills with water) didn't work. I had to slowly turn the reg on its side and allow case gas to leak out the exhaust valve and tee, and fill with water with the mouthpiece horizontal. It would start flowing in any other position. That was clearly untenable for standard diving, where leaving it in the standard secondary position might trigger the valve as you swam.
So for the third set of tests, I retuned the TFX to 1.1". That's still below where the factory set it (at 1.3"), and I don't know what spec cracking effort limits are, but that change made it behave much better, with almost no discernable effect (see below).
(...)

FWIW, their video seems to support a cracking effort of 1.1 inches:

TFX video framegrab.jpg

Vert der ferk, people?! 3 days of silence regarding this revolutionary new regulator!?!

Has nobody else received one yet, who can share their thoughts and experience?

No additional quality time between @rsingler and his TFX that he can comment on?

Come ON! Mine still hasn't shipped. I MUST enjoy a TFX vicariously for now.

Well, the tools I made should reach RSingler on Saturday....

Teaser: you'll also need external circlip pliers with small pins...
20230823_211019.jpg

Static. Holds a collar which is 0.5mm proud of Venturi switch. Switch swivels easily with no contact with circlip.

Out of curiosity ... in a pinch, would those work for the cap?
Don't do it, in a pinch, more like scratch.
How do I know this, don't ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom