The new science of skin and scuba diving. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarthWader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just recieved my "1965" edition of THE NEW SCIENCE OF SKIN AND SCUBA DIVING. . . they sent me a 1980 edition instead! needless to say, I'm pretty pissed right now as I've been prepping for my first "vintage dive" and I was hoping to use this book to help with some of the details. Does anyone know how much difference there is between the two volumes? Sure looks like the illustrations haven't changed!

Does the 1980 edition even have the double have the double hose info in it? I've got a 1968 that has a lot of doublehose info.

Is there a 1965?

My Third revised Edition shows copyrights of 1957, 1959, 1962 and 1968.

In mine double hose dominates but both styles are dealt with.

Edit: Just found a 1980 on the bookshelf too, very different book.

Where will you be diving, maybe you can hook up with a mentor?

Pete

I'm about two hours north of Green Bay. As far as I know, there's no vintage divers within a 100 miles of me. I'd love to find a group though. I asked at one of the Green Bay Shops about vintage enthusiasts and all I got was a blank stare!
I just got a message back from seaocean books; they're sending out the correct edition for me. aparantly, it's a 1966 copy. I saw the copyright info you were talking about. I'm guessing that it's a '62 edition printed in '66.

Does the 1980 edition even have the double have the double hose info in it? I've got a 1968 that has a lot of doublehose info.
there actually is a short blurb on dbl hose regs, but it only amounts to no more than a foot note really. I may keep the current book just as a reference to 70's era diving.

Last edited:
I'm about two hours north of Green Bay. As far as I know, there's no vintage divers within a 100 miles of me. I'd love to find a group though. I asked at one of the Green Bay Shops about vintage enthusiasts and all I got was a blank stare!
I just got a message back from seaocean books; they're sending out the correct edition for me. aparantly, it's a 1966 copy. I saw the copyright info you were talking about. I'm guessing that it's a '62 edition printed in '66.

Hey Darth, I'm near Port Washington south of Green Bay. I am going to Fortune Pond near Crystal Falls Michigan for the weekend. I'll be up there with my dive club. I'll be diving a smattering of stuff including vintage. I'm going to test dive my Divair and Polish Kaiman. I'll have a Mistral and Phoenix with me to probably. If I receive it and have time to assemble it, my Faux 50 Fathom may make an appearance as well!
I'm planning on getting up there Friday afternoon early enough to get a dive or two in, diving Saturday and Sunday am. Drop on by if you get the chance!

Jim

Here's a little video I did on Fortune Pond,

Jim

Thanks for the Vid Jim, you guys looked like you had a blast.

I'd love to get up that way to see you guys but I'm swamped at work.

Wow, neat video Jim. I left a comment too. I appreciate this work, that shows the wonders of diving in fresh water.

John

Back
Top Bottom