The Official "LOST" Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A good special posted on HULU

The Final Journey ...
Past and present cast members discuss their experiences. Hulu - Lost: The Final Journey 1:19

I agree with them, it was like a good book, didnt know where it would go next, had to keep turning the page .. and kinda sad that your done reading it, but glad you did

I struggled to watch all the episodes, my hubby was well and truly hooked... After watching the final 2 I was even more confused than at the start... however have to say that enjoyed it, I personally wouldn't have minded at all being 'lost' on that gorgeous island and especially with sawyer there to keep me occupied!!! What a stud!!!! Jack let me down a little, he was so nice and together and cute at the start...towads the end he was starting to annoy me a little...However best dude on the island has to be Hugo/Hurley! By the way, howcome everyone had different names? I 'm still baffled about how they all died..... so I'm wondering will there be a follow up to Lost, ie..a series that explains the series! ??

Have a look at THIS. It's an alleged ex-writer for lost explaining basically how the show was explained to him and other writers and his take on it. I don't know how certain any of it is, but rather like his take on it in that it does explain the show rather well.

Everyone dies. There are no exceptions. They did not die in the crash.

Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Richard, Claire, & the pilot (can never remember his name) made it home. Hugo & Ben stayed on the island. They died later, possibly as quite elderly people (not likely in Sawyer's case). In the case of Hugo & Ben that could have been hundreds or even thousands of years later. The exchange between Hugo & Ben outside the church indicates a long relationship as protectors of the island. The flash sideways were actually flash forwards to a time all of them were dead. All of the scenes in which it seemed the crash never took place were actually in the afterlife.
That's a pretty good summary of what the article I just linked to says.
Philosophy of the show is that there are souls that go through time, reincarnating together.
Stuff on island really happened (really meaning in the lost universe inside TV land) and like Walter says, Kate, Sawyer, Miles and all of them end up flying home.
Sideways timeline where the flight didn't crash was their "limbo" waiting for the rest of the group find eachother so they can all move on together.

Back
Top Bottom