The Official "LOST" Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So they all died in the original plane crash????? What did I miss???

I think it's all in how you read into it yourself. But if they died in the original plane crash, then how did Juliet, Desmond and Penny get to be in the picture at the end. No one would have ever met them.

So they all died in the original plane crash????? What did I miss???

I think when they set off the A bomb, and created the alternate timeline, instead of crashing on the island they just crashed and died.
So they lived in one timeline, and died in the other.... i think

Posted on April 6th
So who thinks Hurley is going to "inheret" the island?

Although I spelled inherit wrong

Posted on April 6th

Although I spelled inherit wrong

We'll let it slide.

So you think the Dharma people were influenced by MIB? It dawned on me that they were drilling to the "light" just like MIB's people were digging the wells. Also sometime in the history there, he had someone finish the wheel.

Everyone dies. There are no exceptions. They did not die in the crash.

Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Richard, Claire, & the pilot (can never remember his name) made it home. Hugo & Ben stayed on the island. They died later, possibly as quite elderly people (not likely in Sawyer's case). In the case of Hugo & Ben that could have been hundreds or even thousands of years later. The exchange between Hugo & Ben outside the church indicates a long relationship as protectors of the island. The flash sideways were actually flash forwards to a time all of them were dead. All of the scenes in which it seemed the crash never took place were actually in the afterlife.

Good summary Walter. Two things I'm stuck on--what happened to Desmond? They fetched him from the well, and then.....? Can't recall if they said what occurred to him after that.

Secondly, I really wish they'd simply left the final scene of the wreckage on the beach out. It threw me for most of the rest of the night......I went to sleep thinking, oh....they all died in the initial crash and it was all "afterlife". If you ignore that last scene, then the scenario you just described is how it certainly appears.

I would have liked one last montage....the final survivors as they grew from there....maybe Aaron, Walt, and Ji Yeon growing up, with some additional unique connection.

The pilot's name was Lapidus.

Last edited:
They all died in the initial crash. The Island served as their purgatory. Once they worked out all of the issues that plagued them in their life, they were able to go into the light.

Just my opinion.

KBeck:
Two things I'm stuck on--what happened to Desmond? They fetched him from the well, and then.....? Can't recall if they said what occurred to him after that.

Bernard got him out of the well. The man in black took him to the light. Hugo & Ben pulled him out from over the waterfall. I don't remember what happened to him after that. He was the first to realise they were all dead.

KBeck:
Secondly, I really wish they'd simply left the final scene of the wreckage on the beach out. It threw me for most of the rest of the night......I went to sleep thinking, oh....they all died in the initial crash and it was all "afterlife". If you ignore that last scene, then the scenario you just described is how it certainly appears.

The plane crashed. Unless someone cleaned it up, where else would the wreckage be? Of course it was on the beach.

Everyone dies. There are no exceptions. They did not die in the crash.

Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Richard, Claire, & the pilot (can never remember his name) made it home. Hugo & Ben stayed on the island. They died later, possibly as quite elderly people (not likely in Sawyer's case). In the case of Hugo & Ben that could have been hundreds or even thousands of years later. The exchange between Hugo & Ben outside the church indicates a long relationship as protectors of the island. The flash sideways were actually flash forwards to a time all of them were dead. All of the scenes in which it seemed the crash never took place were actually in the afterlife.

Thats how I see it. I don't get why everyone thinks they died in the initial crash.

OK, Ben said to Hugo that he needed to get Desmond home. H said no one could leave the island and Ben said that was how Jacob ran things. Hugo could do it his own way. So from that it appears Hugo sent him home somehow.

Back
Top Bottom