The Official "LOST" Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sort of, but we don't know anything more than that smokey is also "the man in black". Personally, I think he's Apep. This would make a lot of sense in light of the statue of Taweret.

There are lots of clues that support this. Assuming he is Apep, you can draw conclusions about what the island is, and also who Jacob, John Locke, and Richard are too.

So, is Charles Widmore a good guy?
I think he is, in so far as that he has protecting Jacob's interests at heart.
Obviously Ben was not a "bad guy" so much as he was a putz doing things for the wrong side.
I think he was a putz doing things for the right side. The problem is, he was doing them the wrong way. He did everything that was asked of him, but he did it through deceit and callousness. When he asks Jacob, "What about me??" The reply "What about you?" is pretty telling.

For what it's worth, I think the ABC.com site is wrong... it's not a statue of Taweret, it's a statue of Sobek, which makes me think "Smokey" isn't Apep/Apophis after all, but more likely Set/Seth/Setesh.

I think all the murders qualifies him as a bad guy.

I'd characterize him as a "ends justify the means" guy with a big insecurity issue and a selfish streak. I think he believes the murders are justified in the name of doing Jacob's bidding... at least most of them.

For what it's worth, I think the ABC.com site is wrong... it's not a statue of Taweret, it's a statue of Sobek, which makes me think "Smokey" isn't Apep/Apophis after all, but more likely Set/Seth/Setesh.
I believe that smokey is Apep and Jacob is Ra (sun-god). Apep was viewed as the greatest enemy of Ra. Under the statue where Jacob was killed there was a tapestry hanging which depicted the Sun disc overhead and Egyptians worshiping the sun so there is a strong association with Ra or Sobek-Ra. There are strong similarities with Horace (of Egyptian mythology) and the real Locke... but I'm not sure if this is just a concidence or what.

Okay I missed season 5, but im gonna rent it out from blockbusters before season 6 starts =D

Sort of, but we don't know anything more than that smokey is also "the man in black". Personally, I think he's Apep. This would make a lot of sense in light of the statue of Taweret.

Actually, Smokey/John is NOT the man in black, according to the producers, which I thought was interesting, considering that that's what we were all lead to believe.

As far as the theory of the plane life being AFTER the island... how is that possible? You notice that no one knows each other on the other side of life. I think what happened is the 2 lives are happening at the same time... Team Island never left the island, but because of what they did, their lives on the other side were continued as normal.

Spoiler: By the time the show ends, it'll be like one of those books where you choose you're own ending. You still don't know wtf is going on. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom