The oil is coming your way.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Instead of spending 50 million on a PR campaign, BP should have their board of directors in hazmat suits on the beaches this weekend.

BP's CEO said earlier this week he was tired of it and "wants his life bacK" (because of the time he's been spending on this spill).

talk about foot in mouth. Look at all the fishermen out of business, other people loosing their jobs. not to mention the 11 people who died who will never "get their lives back".

BP's CEO said earlier this week he was tired of it and "wants his life bacK" (because of the time he's been spending on this spill).

talk about foot in mouth. Look at all the fishermen out of business, other people loosing their jobs. not to mention the 11 people who died who will never "get their lives back".

Wouldn't be great if we actually had a gov't who would prosecute white collar criminals and put them in jail. He really would want his life back.

I personally think our government has done very little to help with this spill.

pretty much they just stand pretty in front of TV cameras at press conferences....

Even the "mesiah" Obama has not done anything either. He finally said "He's frustrated". well whoop dee doo. I want to see some action on this.

Oil in the marshes and on the shoreline is just crazy after 45 days. They could have been building sand berms just off the coast like to block the oil coming it. It wouldn't have stopped it completly, but it would have kept most of it out of the marshes.

instead, they sat on their asses..... and gave TV interviews and Press releases. It really ticks me off.

Where is the it can't happen drill baby drill crowd when you need them to volunteer and clean the beaches?

Instead of spending 50 million on a PR campaign, BP should have their board of directors in hazmat suits on the beaches this weekend.

Where are they? They are saying it is the animal rights people who caused this. I actually saw a post on another forum where someone was arguing that had the animal rights people not made a fuss about allowing drilling closer to the Louisiana shore, this would not have happened.

Where are they? They are saying it is the animal rights people who caused this. I actually saw a post on another forum where someone was arguing that had the animal rights people not made a fuss about allowing drilling closer to the Louisiana shore, this would not have happened.

They are everywhere. Dumba$$es are plentiful and eager to give their opinion. The thought that this was caused by environmentalists only comes from a deranged mind. I guess you could say it is partly due to the large appetite the U.S. has for oil. The U.S. is the biggest consumer of oil as we have all the large SUVs. Big oil will always have great power and the motivation to put more areas at risk drilling wells that they never have the capability to stop. They have only progressed in the ability to dig deeper instead of coming up with ways to stop a spill. You have to have a first aid kit, life preservers, and license to run a boat, but they'll let some morons put a nation at risk drilling for oil without having any means to stop a leak like back in 1979. This isn't the first time this has happened. Check out this clip:

YouTube - Oil Spills Then and Now

A VERY enlightening video. :angrymob:

Appetite for oil is not the problem. Re-electing Senators and Congressmen over and over is the problem. We have created a ruling-class that essentially answers to the lobbyist with the most money. If we would force them to institute term-limits it would perhaps improve the situation, or even just not putting the same a-holes in over and over and over would help. It's almost a forgone conclusion that incumbents will keep their seats, so why worry about answering to the same stupid f#(4#4$ that voted for you last time.

If WE DEMANDED safer drilling practices, this would not have happened. Seen any massive oil spills off of California recently???

I don't understand why we don't just let the middle east sell us all their oil before using our own. I mean it costs the same whether it comes from Dallas or Dubai, so why not use their resources first?

Why is Bobby Jindall the only visable face of representation from the four states most affected? Where are the other governors, state and federal legislators? Why are they not on the TV and radio every waking moment raising hell about this? Bobby Bright did not even mention the oil spill in his weekly newspaper article. I realize there are other important things they need to be doing - like cap and trade, more stimulus money, taking over our family gardens, going to concerts and out on dates, pissing off our allies, working on building a new voter base from illegal immigrants and adding 2 more states. Gosh, now that I mention all this, I realize how busy they really are and why this little ole oil spill is not so important in the great scheme of "fundamental changes".

Call your legislators in Washington and demand some action! Then call Jan Brewer to send all her illegals here, they can clean this up and will all be right handy for ICE to round up when they are finished.

(Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!)

Why is Bobby Jindall the only visable face of representation from the four states most affected? Where are the other governors, state and federal legislators? Why are they not on the TV and radio every waking moment raising hell about this? Bobby Bright did not even mention the oil spill in his weekly newspaper article. I realize there are other important things they need to be doing - like cap and trade, more stimulus money, taking over our family gardens, going to concerts and out on dates, pissing off our allies, working on building a new voter base from illegal immigrants and adding 2 more states. Gosh, now that I mention all this, I realize how busy they really are and why this little ole oil spill is not so important in the great scheme of "fundamental changes".

Call your legislators in Washington and demand some action! Then call Jan Brewer to send all her illegals here, they can clean this up and will all be right handy for ICE to round up when they are finished.

(Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!)
I'm with you on this, but; GOOD LUCK with that! :)

Before the oil leak (gusher) is stopped our government is talking about stopping pretty much all offshore drilling present and future below 500 feet for 6 months or longer! How are we going to stop our dependence on foreign oil? What about all the jobs ( US citizens) that this will destroy? If you want oil then you have to accept the risks of getting it but have a viable plan of action in case a spill happens. I find it hard to believe that we can put a man on the moon , drive a rover on Mars or send an unmaned satellite across the solar system, which is now out in deep space, and we are having a hard time stopping a leak from a 19" pipe only 5000 feet below the surface of the Gulf. Our State Bird is the Brown Pelican. I watched pics on TV last pm of oil covered Pelicans drowning. The ones that are being rescued are being transplanted to Florida (thanks go to Florida) but when this is all over, will there be any Brown Pelicans left in Louisiana? This diaster will have far reaching effects not only in the Gulf region ( USA not Persion :) ) but will effect The USA. This is us people, The United States of America! Lets get ur done! Thank you for letting me get this off my chest. :) Tim

British Petroleum's spokesperson Robin Williams has finally given an answer to whom is at fault.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom