The oil is coming your way.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well we still have the Flower Gardens,ABWA,

Flower Gardens

Is there another boat besides the Fling that goes to Flower Gardens?

the Fling is currently canceling upcoming customer trips because they are working the oil spill. (they are canceling week by week).

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/te...ncels-all-most-june-trips-flower-gardens.html

I wouldn't be surprised that if the oil gets in the loop current and the gulf stream and affects the keys to see the Spree move back to the Flower Gardens and do trips if the demand is there.... but this is PURELY speculation on my part. Frank said in another post he was staying in FL with the customers that had booked with him. so I imagine that he wouldn't leave unless NOAA closed the waters to commercial diving ventures. (except the Flower Garden trips he already has planned).

I watched BP ROVs put the cap on the leak at 8:32pm Central time. I can't tell if they stopped the leak because there is too much oil gushing all over to see.

They haven't closed the vents ontop the cap yet. They'll shut those when they start pumping...

Channel 3 was on P'Cola beach this morning and they were finding tar balls all along the tide line. It was a live feed, very troubling :(

yup.

Oil spill: Oil balls found | pnj.com | Pensacola News Journal

Oil spill: Oil balls found

bilde

A number of small balls of oil have washed onto Pensacola Beach.

The discovery was made by Sam Champion of ABC's "Good Morning America."

Shortly after 7 a.m. today Champion was at the beach broadcasting live when he knelt in the sugar-white sand and pointed out about a half dozen small, reddish balls of oil.

Champion, a scuba diver, said he had seen similar balls of oil in the Gulf water on Thursday. He is broadcasting near the shore behind the Hampton Inn.

Champion said an official with the Environmental Protection Agency told him the balls were likely "weathered" oil, parts of crude oil that gets broken up as it mixes with water.

Beach visitors who find anything unusual should contact the Perdido Key Chamber of Commerce at 850-492-4660 on Perdido Key or lifeguards on duty on Pensacola Beach.

Details will be posted as they become available

Oil coming ashore at Gulf Shores, Ala. - WSFA 12 News Montgomery, AL |

Oil coming ashore at Gulf Shores, Ala.

Associated Press - June 4, 2010 9:04 AM ET

GULF SHORES, Ala. (AP) - Small gobs of reddish brown oil washed up in the surf for the first time in Gulf Shores, Ala., on Friday morning.

The goo was isolated to a few areas, but the faint smell of oil hung in the breeze at the public beach.

Jennifer Powell, visiting from Russellville, Ky., with her husband, says she could smell the oil, and the odor was burning her nose.

The Powells say they planned to return to the beach later this summer, but now they're not sure they want to come back.

Jennifer Powell says it won't be possible to get into the water, and she added, ""I don't think I want my kids in that."

Cleanup crews were nowhere to be seen.

Where is the it can't happen drill baby drill crowd when you need them to volunteer and clean the beaches?

Instead of spending 50 million on a PR campaign, BP should have their board of directors in hazmat suits on the beaches this weekend.

Has anyone been diving today and would report conditions? Is there oil on "O"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom