The Only Thing Worse Than a Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trace,

I worked summer jobs in Tannersville when I was a kid to pay for diving & gear!
My cousins up there had no clue about scuba, not sure they even believed I dove.
Maybe the same way I felt when they talked about skiing, LOL

Trace,

I worked summer jobs in Tannersville when I was a kid to pay for diving & gear!
My cousins up there had no clue about scuba, not sure they even believed I dove.
Maybe the same way I felt when they talked about skiing, LOL
Haha! I don't ski and I'll be making snow this winter in Blakeslee to have relocation money to return to south Florida. From what I understand my 6 PM - 6 AM shifts at a resort with no night skiing will insulate me from the public. One of the perks is free ski lessons, so if I'm not dead tired on some days I might dabble in skiing just for a bucket list kind of thing.

Trace, life and all that happens is a utter poop show. But it is what you make of it. I’m so happy you have a kitty, they are the most lovable assholes. Start helping others with whatever skill set you have, or just give time to all of them till you find your groove.

Doing things for others and helping others do things, makes me feel alive and so thankful to be still here helping my fellow man & woman.

You have a purpose, you are worthy and you are already on you way with helping this kitty.

Take that feeling you received from dumdum and know how blessed you are to be able to take it off in a few weeks. I wonder if dumdum thought it was a Halloween accessory? Go help people that cannot take off their disability or disfigurement, make them laugh, feel seen and heard.

Your viewpoint fills with light and your reason for living will return.

EDIT
Speaking of cats 🐈 in 2011 I took a flashlight out back to the yard where I thought I feeding a few strays and saw about 20 sets of eyes, started trapping them for the SPCA TNR program. All in all took about 24 cats to be fixed. Only 3 siblings remain and they are lil half wild/ half cuddly cats at feeding time. No rat problems! Yep, I was proud to be a cat lady at the local SPCA before it shut down.

PPS EDIT -
Your kindness to dumdum may have changed his view on things moving forward, he sounds miserable. But maybe your strength and kindness will prevent him from doing that to someone else who will not be taking their visible “weight they must bare” off.

We just never know what good we do, when we not only let “it” go, but help those that act that way to learn a new way.

The non diving expert who is internally compelled to tell you how terribly dangerous scuba diving is, and you better stop now before you are killed. The type that would then say "see I told you so" if Trace were to tell them his story.

That being said you cave divers are all crazy and you are going to die just because you enjoy looking at wet limestone.

Well, to stay on the subject of who's worst, here's a classic joke, quite popular among French divers :

- "Do ya know the difference between God and a dive instructor ?"
- "God doesn't think he's a dive instructor..."

I run before it hits the fan...

:rofl3:
This is good. And often true! I'm going to use it for sure!

Well, to stay on the subject of who's worst, here's a classic joke, quite popular among French divers :

Since you're telling jokes...

A fellow died and went to Heaven. Unfortunately, a bus full of nuns had crashed just before he died, so the guy stood in line for a long time waiting to have St. Peter check his credentials for admission. While he was waiting, another fellow sporting a huge bushy white beard and dressed a long white coat with a stethoscope looped around his neck bustled his way past the nuns, cut to the front of the queue, and disappeared through the Pearly Gates. When the fellow finally got up to St. Peter and got his clearance to enter Heaven, he asked, "Say, St. Peter...who was that guy who cut the line?" St. Peter sighed and rolled his eyes. "Oh, that was God. Sometimes, he likes to play doctor."

Many really do in that prehistorically structured sytem do head stuck in arse syndrome well

"What's the difference between a diver and a dive-instructor?"
"The diver still has some money in the bank."

The non diving expert who is internally compelled to tell you how terribly dangerous scuba diving is, and you better stop now before you are killed. The type that would then say "see I told you so" if Trace were to tell them his story.

That being said you cave divers are all crazy and you are going to die just because you enjoy looking at wet limestone.
It's not politically correct to tell people what kind of wet holes they should be attracted to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom