The Padi No Fear Diving Specialty Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To quote Charlie Brown "oh brother".

I understand what the op, assuming this is real, is trying to accomplish, however, I fail to see why this is a specialty. I'd be wary of diving with anyone carrying an 'I'm afraid of water so I took a 2 day class to fix it' cert around.

I agree with Tracydr that this could have a place in working with special needs clients as therapy, however, making it an official cert seems _______ (insert choice word here).

This PADI No Fear Diving Course is for already certified people ...but it can be also attached to the OW Course ....
It´s for people having maybe bad experiences under water or they just want to learn more about them selves and their own anxiousness and fears....
Of course 2 day will not make it possible for people to overcome fears that it took a lifetime to build.
But it´s a good way and a start to work on it ...
Other courses and dives should be attached to this course...
I offer this
PADI No Fear Diving Course also in the frame of my Ergo-Therapeutic Concept
Different Therapy.
There it can be a nice part of a real therapy ...
Please have a look on my Webpage http://differenttherapy.com
In the Blog section are some cases of clients illustrated..

This PADI No Fear Diving Course is for already certified people ...but it can be also attached to the OW Course ....
It´s for people having maybe bad experiences under water or they just want to learn more about them selves and their own anxiousness and fears....
Of course 2 day will not make it possible for people to overcome fears that it took a lifetime to build.
I offer this
Different Therapy.

OK since you returned, you have proven you are not a BOT (although I am unwilling to rule out cyborg :D). Are you claiming that PADI is supporting this certification as an official certification level offered by them? I gave you the benefit of the doubt looked but found no connection between PADI and "No Fear Diving". Perhaps you can point us to the PADI documentation showing this as a PADI backed course. Thanks for your help.

I offer this
Different Therapy.

OK, BOT it is.

I think you can't learn that in a course. Overcoming fears can be very difficult and you need an experienced diver or instructor who guides you for a longer time to give you hints, to talk about your problems and training things you are scared of. Everyone has other fears and even the same fears can't always be therapied one way. So you need to know the one the person well for realizing his real problems. That can't be done in two days. Maybe it isn't wrong to start working on it this way, but does it really need a specialty? That can cause that anxious divers book that specialty an think all their fears are forgotten after two days and after that they wonder why they aren't... In my opinion that's only a kind of earning money.

What could possibly make this a course? A "course" implies that you will learn something measurable and be able to show proof of that learning. This is just ridiculous that someone would try to rip people off like this. Talk about the lack of a moral compass.......

Seems like it would be better taught as a "workshop" or "retreat" type of situation than a "specialty" for a certification card.
something where people can work on their fears and anxieties, then go home for continuing work with a counselor or psychologist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom