The Pure Pleasure Of Diving Alone. [Poll]

Do you prefer solo diving over diving with one or many others ?

• n/a

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I never dive solo.

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • I have dived solo, but didn't enjoy it.

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • I prefer to dive with one or many others, but I do dive solo.

Votes: 49 27.7%
  • I prefer to dive solo , but I do dive with one or many others.

Votes: 70 39.5%
  • I always or nearly always dive solo.

Votes: 23 13.0%
  • Other (please specify).

Votes: 12 6.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drift diving in SE Florida is not so bad with a buddy or insta-buddy. If they run out of gas before you, they just ascend on the flag you are pulling and get picked up by the boat. At worst, they deploy their SMB at depth or on the surface.

o_O
Considering the time of year, should I worry now that, one night, my 19cf and my 40cf might head up the stairs accompanied by creepy horror movie music and somehow conspire to off me in my sleep?

"In your sleep" is wishful thinking.

It should not be an enhanced risk if both divers are properly trained.

It's not just training it's attitude. A good buddy pair is a team, you can be a three person team as well. The gooey boys all talk "team" and how right they are. Good training is available to anyone that wants it. A cheap and quick C card is available to anyone that wants it. Often a person's choice of kit shows an underlying attitude. Long hose primary donate means that you are actively wanting to give your working reg to the other diver. An octopus source full of sand and spiders means the other person diving with you is there for decoration and entertainment only. A pony is an acronym (piss off not yours) a clipped on redundant bailout tank can be shared or given away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom