The SCUBA Police and the Vintage Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've missed something...When did mask on the head come to mean International distress?
I always felt it was the most convenient place to store an unused mask. If that is the case then I now have one more tool to piss off the "Scuba Police". I now have my double hose, my Poseidon regulators, Jet fins, j-valves, and mask on the forehead.

I have popped my mask onto my forehead since 1962. It's my way and I have no inclination to change such an old habit.

I met that same guy at summersville lake last year!! I put my mask on my forehead. Its the american way. ( My favorite is Iv been diving since Blaa Blaa ) I smile and say I'v got more rnt than you have bottom time.:D:D:D:D:D

Give YOU my cert card? uh huh, sure thing. Here take my drivers license too, because when you get done with your dive and return to shore, your car, truck or horse you rode in here on is going to be in pieces. Scuba police?? LMAO!!!!!
I wish someone would post this jerks name and dive shop

First off I think you handled it perfectly.

But most of all I am glad there are people like this without idiots like this I would not of had a good laugh on a Monday afternoon.

Thanks for the story.

Idiots serve a useful function in the balance of nature, without them we would be short on entertainment.

N

Mister SCUBA Police then demanded that I hand over my C-card. I said "What?" He again demanded that I hand over my C-card.

"I'm yanking your certification. I'll send your card in to have it canceled for safety violations."

WOT!!!??? I cannot believe this!
I would have punched him!

I have popped my mask onto my forehead since 1962. It's my way and I have no inclination to change such an old habit.

-I always wear my mask onto my forehead(not while underwater:D).Better than having it wrapped around my neck in a self strangulation attempt.And you know what?it takes just one hand and one second to pull it on my face...and god forbid to wear it backwards:shakehead:

-I don't wear jet fins or similar.They're stiff,heavy,slow and pretty much useless with the flutter kick especially in a strong current and for long surface swims

-My personal version of the flutter kick is my way of propulsion.I adopt the frog kick only when entering wrecks or caves.It baffles me seeing all these self appointed tech divers kicking along in that un-natural position with their knees bent at 90° even in open waters.

-My spg hose runs along my wing inflator hose,kept in place by rubber bands.

-I'm quite happy to belong to the Anarchist Scuba Delinquent Association.:D

Funniest thread I have read here. Took me a couple of hours, before and after work. Not that OI am a slow reader, but there were too many laughing fits.

Let me tell you all about the time the pimply-faced kid behind the LSD counter yelled at me because I wanted a 2-gauge console for my daughter's regulator. "Do you want to kill her?"

Let me tell you all about the time the pimply-faced kid behind the LSD counter yelled at me because I wanted a 2-gauge console for my daughter's regulator. "Do you want to kill her?"

A. I wanna hear the story.

B. I don't get why you wanted the console for a reg.

Back
Top Bottom