• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

The Shearwater Teric Announced

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by divezonescuba, May 28, 2018.

1. lamby66

lamby66 Nassau Grouper

Wow, to follow up my last post, I just did the math based on the current barometric pressure and sure enough... .204 ppo2.. so rounded to .20 in the computer and now its saying I am below the low ppo2 set point. Normal pressure here is .207 ppo2 rounded to 21 so would think the gas is good for that depth (not hypoxic) I am surprised at the sensitivity of this computer!

Thanks Shearwater!

Dive Cochran likes this.
  2. Phillipus2005

Phillipus2005 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    thanks SW - so, should i not use that charger? or is there some precaution i should take? It's this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Wir...TF8&qid=1535449730&sr=8-7&keywords=qi+charger

thanks - v helpful - will try that and report back

3. Jay

Jay Need to dive more!

general FYI re Salinity settings: Options are Fresh, Salt and the default setting is EN13319 (p.67 of manual). A recent conversation about changing the setting can be found here: Petrel 2 Salinity setting

4. Shearwater

Shearwater Dive Equipment Manufacturer

Hi, Lamby. What you are describing is not a glitch. It is standard behaviour in all our computers. One important purpose of the low ppO2 alarm is to prevent hypoxia. 0.19 ppO2 may not be much of an issue if you are at altitude and above the water surface, but if you are underwater and your ppO2 is supposed to be 1.2, something is wrong and diver attention is critically required.

You can use it. Just keep in mind that charging cycles may be interrupted due to overheating protection. What this means is that you may leave it charging assuming you will get back to a 100% charged Teric and you find out it stopped charging at less than 100%. Some chargers will allow for automatic charging to resume once temperature cooled down. Others will not and require manual manipulation to restart charging.

Jay and lamby66 like this.
  5. Michael Skidmore

Michael Skidmore Garibaldi

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Can anyone let me know if the Teric is compatible with any other manufacturers transmitters? The perdix supported at least one non Shearwater transmitter, perhaps only unofficially. I have a working uwatec transmitter that just got a new factory battery replacement and we'll it's about to become a doorstop when my teric arrives later this week if it doesn't pair.

6. lamby66

lamby66 Nassau Grouper

Sorry the uwatec series transmitters are not compatible, but the oceanic/hollis/aqua lung ones are. It needs to have FCC mh8a on the end

7. stuartv

stuartv Seeking the Light ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Shearwater only works with one manufacturer's transmitter. The one made by PPS (Pelagic Pressure Systems, I believe). Fortunately, a lot of other companies that sell dive computers also have their computers working with the same PPS transmitters. So, Shearwater, Oceanic, Aqualung, and others, sell transmitters, but they are all selling PPS transmitters, not Shearwater transmitters and Oceanic transmitters and etc..

8. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
  9. scubajelly

scubajelly Angel Fish

Does anyone else notice the battery drains much faster since the the firmware update? I was wearing it as a watch and could go almost three days without a charge, but now it seems like it won't go past 1.5 days.

10. aiian

aiian Angel Fish

^ mine died in ~4 days just sitting on an unplugged charger.