The United States of America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Having returned from a trip to Normandy, France where we spent several days visiting the beaches of D-Day I can only say what should be said more:

Thank you.

My words exactly. Several years ago I visited the DC area and went through Arlington Cemetary. I felt naked without an American flag.

My Grandfather fought in both WW1 & WW2. Many thanks are to be given, not just on Memorial Day, but everyday.

OK this thread was meant as a Kudos to America. All other posts will now be deleted without a PM sent. I'll have to also edit out the ones that responded to it. Sorry.

Makes one give thought, doesn't it?

The Kraken

El Orans:
Having returned from a trip to Normandy, France where we spent several days visiting the beaches of D-Day I can only say what should be said more:

Thank you.

Very much Holy ground. We visited the D-Day beaches about 6 years ago. The Reverence that people from all over the world were showing there was very touching.

Go see "Flags of Our Fathers" . . .

Sometimes you just gotta do what you have to do for your Country; your Fighting Unit; and your Buddy in the Foxhole with you. And if you survive, somehow find a meaning, justification, reconciliation for it all afterwards --for the sake of your sanity.

El Orans:

Thank you.
Wow - I bet! I have been fortunate enough to visit Arlington Cemetery and several memorials, using a pencil and paper to trace names of dead Marines I used to know - one I'd known all my life, that I took back to his parents.

Of course, it wasn't just USAmericans who stormed the beaches there, fought and died - and before our fathers got there, your country and neighbors had suffered severely, but it was the thing to do. I trained on leaving beach landing craft once, thinking what it must be like to run face first into machine fire - gave me shudders.

On behalf of our fathers... You're very welcome.

:usa:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom