The United States of America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geez, maybe its an aussie thing to take the pssss out of every subject

hehehe pssst..... we can't always speak freely here, almity.

catherine96821:
hehehe pssst..... we can't always speak freely here, almity.
thankfully we can all speak freely (well, most of the time that is) due to the sacrifices by the many people praised and thought of in this thread

DandyDon -- the rest of that trip's pictures, and oh so many more, can be found at my website, TSandM.com

Anyone wanta see an article on Iwo Jima

El & Peter... extraordinary visit... i hope to be as blessed one day to walk those lands and be able to give my thanks
Pretty much sums up my feelings as well :)

The more I learn about D Day, the more I am thankful to those that were there, and sorry that so many died, on both sides

[c]
2w4xm45.jpg

[/c]

Thanks to all who served and are now serving.

Take a moment between the barbecue and beer to thank those who are still making it possible for us to have this "Holiday" weekend.

FYI, the National D-Day Memorial is here in nearby Bedford, Virginia - which lost more per capita than any other municipality in the US.

The National D-Day Memorial Foundation

Thanks to all who have served and sacrificied. :salute:

I have had many disagreements regarding policies of my country that involved warfare, but one thing I don't question is the dedication and bravery of those men and women who have risked... or given... their lives carrying those policies out. I have known a number of them involved in conflicts ranging from World War I (my great uncles) through the current ones in Iraq and Afghanistan. May those living and dead be honored on our day of remembrance, and frequently throughout the year.

Not to sound facetious, but I am also honoring giant kelp (Macrocystis pyrifera)... it was the source of much of the gunpowder that helped win World War I when the German government and its Kali Syndicate increased the price of potash from German mines, then cut it off when hostilities broke out in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom