The Wife Gets "wet"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RRDAVE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well she did it with out much fuss, the second try. She was so proud of herself I thought she would pop! Our second pool dive went without a problem. We are both so excited about the same thing at the same time and that dosen't happen everyday!

My wife has been a travel agent for aprox. 13 years so she found us a great deal on a 7 night cruse wich leaves for cozemel & three other good dive spots Jan. 6th. Can't wait.

We started shopping gear real hard and should have both our sets before we sail. maybe much sooner. We are having some trouble finding a wet suit that fits Mrs RR right. Any ladies out there have a suggestion? Custom is pretty pricey.

I will keep ya'll up to date as the story unfolds......RRDave

Hiya Dave, if you do a search on this board for "liquidfit" you should come up with some interesting threads on wetsuits. Glad everything is going ok for the both of you!

-kate

Dave,

That is super! There is nothing like buddy diving with your wife, girl friend, significant other!

May I be so bold as to make a few non-diving recommendations about Cozumel? First, for that lunch ashore--if have any room left after the cruise ship groaning board has taken its toll--try the French Quarter, a great place for lunch! And for an unusual shop, take a look at Robert's Black Coral: it is almost like an art museum. At the back of the shop there is the sea life display, carvings of Cozumel sea life done in black coral: they are wonderful to look at. If you are tempted to buy any black coral work, go the Robert's first--he sets the standard!

Enjoy your trip and when you get back, tell us all about it!

Joewr

RRDave & Mrs. RRDave,

I think it is really wonderful that you are both excited about diving. As Joewr said, there is nothing like having your spouse as your buddy. It means you always have someone to dive with and someone to talk diving with.

Glad to hear Mrs. RRD took the plunge this time with no trouble. All it takes is time and practice and soon it is old hat.

Congratulation and have a great time on your trip.

Congrats to both of you! You are now member of the elite "but broke" divers association. You will have no life beyond finding that next fix to get underwater.

You will start feeling an itch every few weeks as the residual nitrogen is completely cleared out of your blood stream and you will be willing to do terrible things to fix it.

I have known divers to gear up and try and get into public fountains. Only to complain their dive computers won't turn on cause it is not deep enough...

It is a terrible addiction...

Is there anyone here who would gladly give up their addiction?

I thought not!!

:wink:

RRDAVE

Congratulations to both you and your partner! But be warned from someone who knows......even if your underwater...you can still have domestics!!!!

But there is something special about sharing diving with the person you love - so again my congratulations to you!

Hope you enjoy your holiday - only a couple of months to wait - just make sure you tell us how it went! :D

Say, RR, while you're looking for the wetsuit, consider how much you'll need in Coz in January. Haven't been there, but south a couple hundred miles, it doesn't take much to stay warm. I was pretty happy in Lycra.
Terry

A question on temps in the Caribbean. In the ocean do you have thermoclines like we do in lakes here in Texas or is the water temp a lot more consistent?

I am taking a 3 mill shory and a skin also and think I can probably get away with just the skin?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom