Theme January 2006: Your Favourite 2005 Shot!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taniwha:
Thank you, justleesa. I'm very new to this site, and I was getting frustrated. I had spent a couple of hours trying to fix my posts so I wouldn't look like...well, like I was new to this site. hehe, thanks again. Doug

:05: You're very welcome...

ssra30:
Here is one of mine, blue ring octopus from Lembeh Strait, Indonesia.

WOW!!! that blue ring is incredible!!!

I like this one. We didn't see many nudi's in La Paz and this in one of my few nudi pictures (ever) that is actually in focus. And I like the color. We were at La Reinita about to get blown off the point by current, but this guy was sheltered.

View attachment 26746

Nay:
WOW!!! that blue ring is incredible!!!

I like this one. We didn't see many nudi's in La Paz and this in one of my few nudi pictures (ever) that is actually in focus. And I like the color. We were at La Reinita about to get blown off the point by current, but this guy was sheltered.

View attachment 26746
very nice picture!!! i like it!!

There are other pics that make me laugh (but they are probably the kind where you had to be there to appreciate it). This one definitely makes me smile every time I see it. My buddy and I were making our safety stop at 15 ft. in sand at Breakwater, Monterey. This little Spanish shawl comes swimming along, so buddy gently palms it. The nudi just clung on to his glove the whole time. I rarely see this kind of nudi in Monterey.

Too many to choose from ,but I like the color in this one. I took this shot in Cozumel 12/2005

I don't know if this is my favorite shot of 05 but it really made me happy when I saw it on the big screen in focus. It's probably the first juv I have seen of this type, and I couldn't believe he was still enough for that breif second I took the picture. Last of all I love that his little trigger fin is up! Anyway, great shots everybody!! Tiger Sharks, Octopus...I like em all!

Can someone please tell me where to go on this site to get help? There is no help menu anywhere and, being fairly new to this site, I have a really hard time finding my way around. I do not know how to post a message to this photo thing without doing it as a reply! I also can't find out where to go with any other site questions. Am I really the only one that has this trouble? I find myself wandering around the site, not finding what I need, and then just leaving frustrated. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. (It could be that I'm just a lowly Dive Instructor and not a computer person!)

My wife shoots the stills usually and there's too many to narrow it down only 1 but out of the 2500 pictures or more that she took... Here's my favorite 5

I guess I just like shrimp-n-anemone shots ... here's a warm-water/cold-water duo ...

For warm-water shots, I'll pick the spotted cleaner shrimp pic from the ScubaBoard Bonaire trip. This was just a couple of weeks after I got the camera, and I was starting to figure out how to use it ...

Cleaner_Shrimp_01.jpg

For cold-water shots, I'll pick this one from a recent San Juan Islands trip. It's a candy-stripe shrimp. I picked this one because it was "accidental" ... I was taking a pic of the anemone, and didn't realize there was a shrimp in the picture until I downloaded the pics onto my laptop ... :D

1125_San_Juans_023.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom