Things To Do After Morning Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All! I'm a solo female traveler visiting Cozumel for the first time from July 4-8. This forum has been SUPER helpful. I am booked with Tres Pelicanos (Jeanie and Steve are awesome) and staying at Casa Mexicana.

I've checkout out a bunch of threads here, but wanted to request current recommendations for activities/tours/classes/restaurants after I complete my morning dives.

Thanks for the ideas in advance,
Ankita

My wife and my buddy's wife did a chocolate making tour. It's very easy to get in without the cruise ships in port. They loved it. You also might look into yoga classes. My wife liked the woman that I found to come to our condo, but I don't think she's for everybody. She's much more about posture than traditional yoga.

Just drink tequila and hit the beach,)

Chocolate tasting at Kaokao. Yum! :wink:

We were there in March, diving with Tres and staying at the Mexicana. My wife wasn’t loving being in town until we figured out the Mexicana had free bikes to use. This greatly increased our mobility and freedom and gave us the opportunity to see more of the area.

@DeltaWardog,
... Punta Morena and pretty much every other bar over there are also good.
Punta Morena is not what it was. The restaurant and pool area are in ruins. The rumor I heard is that two brothers co owned the place and have had a falling out, and they are splitting the property.

Jeez, you want activities and everyone's telling you to go to sleep! I missed that you were looking for restaurants on the first read so here are a few of my favorites:

El Pique - taqueria on 30th across the street from the grocery store - awesome, cheap tacos, my favorite are the gringas and al pastor, sit in the back area if you can to get away from the street noise

Los Otates - another great taco place, super chill, always see a few divers hanging around, they usually have a game or latin music videos on the tv

Prima - upscale dinner place, on the top of one of the higher buildings, so it has a fantastic view of the channel

Other places to research that are frequently recommended here: Casa Denis, El Moro, La Mission (not the one near the waterfront), La Choza.

Generally you want to stay away from restaurants near the waterfront without doing your homework first. Odds are prices will be higher and quality lower. Not always (Casa Denis is in the main square for example), but I've found it's a good rule of thumb.

And if you want a really crappy experience, Senor Frog's is right down the street from your hotel. :D

Prima (top of El Cantil) has been closed for at least 5 years!

Punta Morena is not what it was. The restaurant and pool area are in ruins. The rumor I heard is that two brothers co owned the place and have had a falling out, and they are splitting the property.

I think it is all frame of reference. I didn't even know they had a pool. Actually rented rooms there a couple of times 20 years ago when friends were having a beach party (that was roughing it, rooms were falling down shacks but that was all you were paying for--think Wilma finished them off in 2005). A friend and I went back 3 months ago and enjoyed spending the entire afternoon in well spaced out hammocks, with good service and clean restrooms. I would definitely go again unless something has changed since March.

I think it is all frame of reference. I didn't even know they had a pool. Actually rented rooms there a couple of times 20 years ago when friends were having a beach party (that was roughing it, rooms were falling down shacks but that was all you were paying for--think Wilma finished them off in 2005). A friend and I went back 3 months ago and enjoyed spending the entire afternoon in well spaced out hammocks, with good service and clean restrooms. I would definitely go again unless something has changed since March.
Things have changed a lot from May of 2019. Then there was a large restaurant under a palapa and two or three pools. When I was there last month the restaurant was a tumbled down ruin and the pools were dry and full of debris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom